Learn how to troubleshoot Error 1328 when installing, uninstalling, updating, or repairing QuickBooks desktop:
QuickBooks, no doubt, is an accounting software par excellence, but it is marred by errors of assorted origins and types. One such error is the QuickBooks error code 1328 which is often seen when updating, installing, repairing, or even uninstalling the QuickBooks desktop software. It is related to specific issues with the ‘tmp‘ files. However, there may be other reasons causing the error as well. This error is also seen on the desktop screen in various forms, but it usually appears with an error message that states:
|Error 1328. Error updating file C:\Config.Msi\PTXXX.tmp.
|QuickBooks Error 1328. Error updating file C:\Config.Msi\PT19C6.tmp. System error- 1072807676
This is a configuration error and can be seen due to numerous reasons, which we will be talking about later in this article. Thus, if you are interested in finding out the reasons leading to this error, then reading this article will be of great assistance. We will also be discussing the quick fixes to the QuickBooks error code 1328. If the users are looking for any kind of technical assistance, then in that case making contact with the support team is suggested.
What Leads to QuickBooks Error Message 1328?
This error is seen due for a handful of reasons. Let us have a rudimentary look at these contributory factors:
- You can end up in such an error if there are some download issues with the software.
- If the program files are damaged or corrupted.
- In case there are issues with the network and connectivity.
- The QuickBooks desktop isn’t installed properly.
- If there are invalid entries in the Windows operating system.
Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 1328 by Performing Easy Methods
You can try fixing this QuickBooks error message 1328 by performing the below-stated methods. Let us have an in-depth look:
1st Method: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool From Tool Hub
Common errors can be fixed with the QuickBooks Tool Hub program. To get the best experience, use the Tool Hub program in Windows 10, 64-bit version.
- Initially, download the QuickBooks Hub latest version (184.108.40.206) on your system.
- Save the file somewhere that you can find it easily.
- After that, open the file you have downloaded named QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- Open the file you’ve downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe)
- Follow the given instructions on the screen to successfully Install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Now double-click on the icon from your Windows desktop after the installation is complete. This will open the tool hub program on your system screen.
- The next step is to close all open programs and then run the tool hub program.
- After that choose the Installation issue tab, in the tool hub.
- Then choose QuickBooks Install diagnostic Tool tab,
- The diagnostic tool will open and find the damaged file and try to fix it (This process can take up to 20 minutes)
- Once the process gets complete, you should restart the system after running the tool to ensure the components are re-installed and updated properly.
2nd Method: Perform a Clean Installation
- You should uninstall your QuickBooks desktop.
- And then, clean install the QuickBooks software.
- The next step is to choose one of the options that appear on the screen.
- The first option is to make install process of QuickBooks as directly from the installation CD drive.
- Whereas, the second one can also be installed in QuickBooks using the downloaded file.
- It should be noted that directly installing QuickBooks software from a CD is a little easier.
- Download or simply install the QuickBooks program using a manual guide.
3rd Method: Spot the Config.msi File
- At first, right-click the Start tab and then jump to explore.
- Once done with that, you should double-click on the C drive.
- After that, you will see all the Hidden files and folders.
- Next, move to the Tools tab and also choose a folder.
- You should then pick the View tab option and also choose all Hidden files as well as folders.
- And then, opt for Apply all changes and hit a click on the OK tab.
- Next step is to operate all needed system files.
- Also, right-click the Config.msi and also choose Rename tab.
- Add .old to the file name and hit Enter tab.
- This will Hide and protect the operating system files including all needed Hidden files and folders again on the system.
4th Method: Using the Registry Repair Tool
- In this process, you should first Apply any registry repair tool and also Repair the damaged registry entries that are related to QuickBooks.
- Next step is to use a malware removal tool and fix any type of malware infectious attack from the system and get rid of all malware attacks from your system.
- You should then Remove all unwanted or junk files.
- After that, you should Uninstall all the outdated PC device drivers.
- And also restore by choosing to Undo through Recent system changes.
- Now, uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks desktop.
- Run the Windows system file check and scan the process.
- Install all essential Windows updates.
See Also: How to Remote Access QuickBooks Desktop?
5th Method: Rename the C:\Config.MSU\PTFB53.tmp File “Microsoft Install Error: Error, 1328”
When a user downloads the latest QuickBooks updates, they receive the following error message: “error 1328 followed with error 2350″: FDI host“. This error also occurs when a user attempts to update to the latest QuickBooks Point of Sale version V18 or V12, but the upgrade is not installed or failed. “C:\Config.Msu\PTFB53.tmp. It’s probably been updated by other methods, and it can no longer be modified by this patch“
You can rename the file if you encounter an error while updating Point-of-sale v18 or v12 to the most recent release (r4 or r14).
- At first, you can rename the file C:\Config.MSU\PTFB53.tmp then reinstall the patch.
- You can do a Clean reinstalling on Point of Sale and then Apply or Update the patch one more time.
This error is also known as the FDI server error. It occurs when an update installer encounters a file with a different QuickBooks desktop version than expected. This error can be avoided by clicking the ignore button at least 4 times.
6th Method: Install or Uninstall QuickBooks in Selective Startup
Switch to Selective startup mode to ensure that no other applications are preventing you from completing your task. If you are unsure how to do the steps, contact your It person or a Windows expert.
- To access the Run command, use your keyboard to tap on the Windows+ R keys.
- After that, type ‘msconfig’ command and then hit a click on OK.
- Next, choose the Selective Startup or Load System Services from the General Tab.
- And then hit on the Services tab and also choose the Hide All Microsoft Services.
- Now, choose the Disable all option.
- Afterward, un-check the Hide All Microsoft Services checkout box.
- Now check that the Windows Installer option is selected in the list. Select the checkbox if it isn’t selected.
- Choose the OK button.
- Lastly, choose Restart from the System Configuration window.
7th Method: Update your Windows OS
Microsoft .Net Windows components, C++, and MSXML are necessary components to support the operation of QuickBooks software. It is recommended that you update the Windows operating system from time to time to avoid software issues that you are using for your business. These steps will assist you in this process.
- To start with the process, hit a click on the Start menu, then in the Search box type Windows update.
- The screen will display a Windows updates icon. Double-click on it.
- Now, pick the Check for Updates option.
- If the system updates automatically, there will not be any list of possible options that will appear. If a list of programs appears, you can choose it to update.
- Now, finally, you will need to restart your computer again and verify that the error got removed.
Fixing QuickBooks update error 1328 isn’t as difficult as it seems to be, once the above-discussed steps are implemented. However, if you are still doubtful or are unable to deal with the error code, then it is recommended to contact our 24/7 QuickBooks error support team and let our certified experts tackle the issue permanently. We are here to help you out on all the QB-related issues day in and day out.