QuickBooks has reached its zenith and has aided small and medium sized businesses to reach their apogee. However, this wondrous accounting program has been fraught with different types of technical issues, of which, the Company file errors form the prime and the most common ones. Problems are exacerbated by the fact that there are countless Company file related errors, and all errors have unique causes, and solutions for their rectification. QuickBooks Error code 6000 80 is one such Company file error which appears on the desktop screen as soon as the user tries to open the Company file. Notably this error exhibits in the form of the error message as:
|“Error -6000, -80: An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file”.
To get to the root causes of QuickBooks error 6000, 80 and to know the different solutions for fixing it, make sure that you go through this article all to the end.
What are the signs that indicate QuickBooks Error 6000 80?
QuickBooks users who come across this error should also experience the following issues in their system:
- The error message indicating error 6000 80 in QuickBooks directly appears when opening the company file.
- QuickBooks and the O/S experience frequent shut downs, and recurring lagging issues.
- The system starts performing extremely slowly.
- The QBDataServiceUserXX service starts responding abnormally and gets disabled repeatedly.
You may read also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15212?
Conspicuous Causes for QuickBooks Error Message 6000, 80
This error in QuickBooks cannot be ascribed to one particular cause rather there may be multiple causes to this error. Some of the causes behind this error worthy of being noted are given as under:
- QuickBooks company file may be corrupted
- Poor Internet connectivity
- User may be trying to access the company file over the multi-user mode
- Windows registry errors may also lead to this error
- Incorrect folder permission settings
- The last installation of QuickBooks was incomplete
- If there are network issues, such as a slow network connection or problems with the server, QuickBooks may not be able to access the company file, resulting in company file errors.
- If there are issues with the installation or the QuickBooks database server manager, QuickBooks may not be able to access the company file
- Multiple users trying to access the file
Technical Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error -6000 -80 (Multiple Company File Issue)
Below are explained the various solutions to resolve QuickBooks Company File Error 6000 80. Before implementing the measures, users should make sure to create a backup of all QuickBooks file, and most importantly, the Company files. Upon saving the backup of the files, users should perform the solutions provided below.
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks File Doctor using tool hub program
This tool has proved to be a boon for QB users who face Company file damage issues. Pertinently, this feature can be used only through the QuickBooks Tool Hub program. To know more, follow the steps below:
- The user should head to the Intuit website and from there, download QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Now, proceed by double-clicking the file to install the tool.
- Once the installation is complete, the user should run the Tool Hub and follow up to the Company File Issues tab.
- From here, make a move to the Run QuickBooks File Doctor feature and then browse for the same Company file which had been facing QB Error 6000 80.
- Upon choosing the file, the next move is to scan the file for issues including data damage.
- Once done, make an exit from Tool Hub program, and afterwards, run QuickBooks Desktop as an admin, and then try to open the same company file in QuickBooks.
Solution 2: Get the Company File restored from the local drive
This troubleshoot applies to those users who have their Company file(s) saved on Cloud or a Network system. Such users should transfer the files to the local drive and then try to access the file again. The procedure below will aid users:
- At first, navigate to the Cloud Storage or the Network folder in which the Company file is stored. Copy the file and then paste it in the system.
- Afterwards, open the company file from the Local drive.
- If this doesn’t work, or if the company file is damaged, users should go for the restoration of the Company file backup created early.
- For this, run QuickBooks, and then opt for Open or Restore Company option from the File tab.
- Choosing the option to Restore a Backup, and then hit on Next tab.
- After that, choose the backup, and restore the file to the Company file folder.
Solution 3: Run the Connection Diagnostic tool
One potential tool in Tools Hub program is the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool. This tool can diagnose and fix any connection related issues that might be causing the company file error. The procedure to run the tool is:
- Download QB Tool Hub (from Intuit) and install the tool.
- Run it, and then proceed to the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic tool.
- Wait for the scan to end and allow the tool to make any changes to the system.
- Once done, restart QuickBooks and make a move to open the Company file. If this doesn’t fix Error -(6000 -80) in QuickBooks, then proceed to the next solution.
Solution 4: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is a program provided by Intuit, the company that develops QuickBooks, to help diagnose and fix installation errors.
- Download the QuickBooks Tools Hub Program first.
- After that save the file on your computer.
- Now close all running programs on your computer.
- Hit double-click on the downloaded file to run the installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation of tool hub program.
- Now open the tools hub program by clicking twice on the tool hub created icon.
- After that navigate to the Installation Issues tab and choose QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool from here.
- This will download the install diagnostic tool file on your system.
- Once the installation is complete, double-click on the icon to run the program.
- The program will automatically scan your system and identify any issues that may be causing installation errors.
The diagnostic tool can help diagnose and fix a wide range of installation errors. If you continue to experience issues with installing QuickBooks, proceed to the next step.
Solution 5: Rename .ND and .TLG files
Network file and Transaction files play a crucial role when it comes to the Company file operations. There might be a possibility that Error 6000 80 is a result of some damage caused to these files. Therefore, the user should rename these files. To get to these files, perform the steps below:
- To start off, right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon and hit on Properties.
- Following that, tap on Open File Location tab.
- Within this folder, search for the ND and TLG files. These files actually have the same file name as that of the Company files, but their extension is .ND and .TLG instead of the default Company file extension “.QBW”.
- Upon right-clicking these files, opt for Rename.
- Add “.old” to the file names and click anywhere on the screen to save the file name.
- Upon renaming these files, run QuickBooks and then try again to open the Company file.
Solution 6: Switching to the Selective Startup Mode
Another viable way out against this technical error is to start the system in the safe mode and then try updating QuickBooks program. The easy procedure for the same is enumerated below:
- From the Start menu, access the System Configuration Window. (Type ‘MSConfig’ after hitting the Windows key and hit the Enter key).
- Now, access the General tab and check mark Selective startup followed by the Load services option.
- Now, proceed to the Service tab.
- Herein, choose the option to Hide all Microsoft services.
- Hit on the option to Disable all.
- The user needs to make sure that the option beside the option to Hide all Microsoft services is unchecked.
- Soon after, hit the Enter key.
- Now, restart the system and then tap F8 function key on the keyboard and opt for Safe Mode with Networking.
- Once the desktop launches in Safe Mode, update QuickBooks Desktop, and then try to open the company file.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code OL-301?
Solution 7: Disabling hosting on the systems
Turning off the hosting can resolve the ongoing issue. The simplified walkthrough for the same is:
- Run QuickBooks, and following that, head to the File menu.
- From here, go to the Utilities, and afterwards, choose the option to Stop Hosting Multi-user access.
- If the option to Host Multi user access shows up on the screen, hit on Yes.
- If the “Company file must be closed” option is visible on the screen, the next step is to hit on Yes tab.
Solution 8: Running the Quick Fix My Program feature
One more feature of QuickBooks Tool Hub which can be used to troubleshoot Error code 6000 80 when opening the Company files is the Quick Fix My Feature. To use this feature, follow the trails below:
- For this, the user needs to download QuickBooks Tool Hub, and then, install the tool by double-clicking on the downloaded file.
- When the tool is installed, run the tool and then make a move to the Program Problems tab.
- Following that, hit on Quick Fix My Program tab.
See it Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code C=47?
The current blog uncovered viable solutions that can help users in repairing the QuickBooks Company file error 6000 80. If you are still experiencing the problem, just give our proficient QuickBooks desktop error support experts a call at the helpline i.e., 1-800-615-2347.
More helpful resources: