This article explains how you can repair your damaged files and network issues with QuickBooks File Doctor:
Fixing damaged or corrupted company files now becomes easy with QuickBooks File Doctor tool. Launched in the year 2012 by Intuit, this tool is extremely helpful and allows users to use the company file without any error. The tool is rightly called File Doctor as it is used for resolving the issues faced by QuickBooks users while working on the software. Intuit has launched two company file diagnostic tools namely QuickBooks company file identification tool and QuickBooks network connectivity diagnostic tool. QuickBooks File Doctor is a tool created to help you restore or repair your missing or deleted company files and assist you in solving network problems. It’s a helpful tool that functions well in solving problems while operating with QuickBooks. If you are already using this tool you must know about its utility.
However, if you are new to QuickBooks or this tool, you can read this article to bring the good out of the QuickBooks File Doctor tool and learn numerous things related to it.
What is QuickBooks File Doctor?
With this fantastic tool at your disposal, you don’t need to bother much about the missing and degraded company files or network issues. QuickBooks File Doctor developed and evolved to analyze and fix up troubles that prevent the sharp functioning of the QuickBooks software. It is an easy file repairing tool that enables you to repair the kind of important company files, data, and other data conspiracy, windows trouble, network issues, and several others problems.
A wide range of issues that appear at the time of opening a company file, entirely busted firm files, network issues such as Error H101, H202, H303, H505 and error code -6000 (-6000, -82, -6000, -305, -6147. QuickBooks File Doctor was included in 2014 R5 and later versions. The tool can also be downloaded, installed and run to remove the network and data problems.
When to utilize QuickBooks file doctor tool?
- You can utilize this tool for fixing the mentioned crucial company file blunders.
- When you are unable to open company file (error-6150).
- QuickBooks Error -6000 series (-6000, -82; -6000, -305; -6000, -301; -6147).
- Missed or blank lists for customer, vendor or employees (QuickBooks Error -6130 or 6150).
- Damaged company file.
Benefits of using QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- This tool can be genuinely excellent in resolving network issues.
- This tool makes resolving QuickBooks error -6000 series extremely simple.
- An additional advantage of this tool is that it enables you to repair the complicated errors such as H101, H202, H303, or H505.
- In that matter the client has failed to get some significant database, then the QuickBooks file doctor tool can assist them in resolving the problem.
- If you attempts to get the company file in one network system stored in another system, then File Doctor tool can function in such circumstances.
- In case when the files and data get damaged, the file doctor tool can be a savior.
Related Article: Learn to Access QuickBooks Remotely Anytime from Any Location
Significant things to know about the QuickBooks File Doctor tool
Here are some significant aspects of remembering about the QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- Just before downloading the new version, you must uninstall the QuickBooks File Doctor tool form old version.
- It’s instructed to utilize an external file doctor tool. However, all QuickBooks new versions post 2015 appear with an inbuilt File Doctor.
- File Doctor Tool is friendly with every QuickBooks desktops for windows versions.
- The File Doctor does not function with QuickBooks for MAC.
Here are two categories of the File Doctor tool:
- Built-in file doctor, which was accessible in all QuickBooks 2016 and later versions.
- QBFD tool stand-alone version that could download from the net.
QuickBooks File Doctor tool possibly comes on its own in matters of some omissions. You need to press the Start button and enable the device to perform its task.
How user-friendly is the QuickBooks file doctor tool?
QuickBooks file doctor has evolved QuickBooks built-in device for QuickBooks Desktop 2016 and later. File doctor tool functions nicely with every QuickBooks desktop for Windows version. This is not usable with any other version of QuickBooks for MAC.
When to use QuickBooks File Doctor?
QuickBooks File Doctor comes handy in solving many of the common QB issues. In fact, we recommend you to run QBFD as the first solution whenever you receive any issue with your accounting software. Use it whenever you receive any issue when opening a company file, have completely damaged company files, network errors (like H101, H202, H303, H505, etc.) or error code 6000 (QB Error -6000, -82, QB Error -6000, -305, QB Error -6147, etc.) pop up. The errors that can be fixes with the help of QuickBooks file doctor tool are as follows:
- Any kind of company file errors
- QuickBooks 6000 series errors
- Various installation errors
- Empty customer lists and vendor list issues
- Multi-user errors
- Data damaged and windows registry
- H series errors
Important Facts about QuickBooks File Doctor
- Always uninstall the existing QBFD tool before downloading the latest version of File Doctor.
- All QuickBooks versions post 2015 come equipped with QB File Doctor and it’s advisable to install and run external file doctor tool to fix complicated QuickBooks errors.
- The tool has no compatibility issue with any Windows Versions of QuickBooks Desktops.
- The tool doesn’t work with QuickBooks for MAC.
- QuickBooks File Doctor tool has two types:
- Built-in file doctor, which is available in all QuickBooks 2016 and later versions.
- QuickBooks File Doctor stand-alone version, which can be easily downloaded from the internet.
- The tool may pop up itself in case of a few errors. All you are required to do in those cases is to click the start button and let it finish its work. You can open and run QBFD by following the below-mentioned tips if it doesn’t show up automatically.
You may like also: Easy ways to resolve QuickBooks Error 1935
Steps to Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
Below are the quick and advanced steps to use QuickBooks file doctor in perfect way:
Step 1: At first, you need to download the QuickBooks File Doctor tool and install it on your device.
Step 2: QuickBooks File Doctor will open once you installed it. And if it does not, then open the Smart menu and open this tool.
Step 3: After opening this tool, search your company file from the list. You can touch on Browse to discover the file.
Step 4: Then select the “Check File Damage only” and then click the option of “diagnose file.”
- Step 4 (I): Select check your file and option of network if your company file is destroyed or receive 6xxx errors like -6150, -6000 -82, -6000 -305, -6000 -301, -6147, or -6130.
- Step 4 (II): You require selecting the option of check your network if you’re utilizing QuickBooks in a mode or multi-user and get an error like H202, H303, or H505.
Step 5: Next step is to enter the admin password when forced. Then you would see an option of updating your file to the latest version. Updating is optional.
Step 6: Ultimately, the QuickBooks file doctor will begin to restore your files. It might take some time to operate the task.
Step 7: If the fix-up procedure got finalized, then you can get the option to open your repaired file promptly from QBFD.
Step 8: The File Doctor tool function incredibly fixed all your bruised files and network problems.
Steps to Use Built-in version of QuickBooks File Doctor tool
Built-in, also called internal QuickBooks File Doctor, spots errors and starts fixing them automatically. Click “Start” when a QBFD window opens and let the tool work to fix the issues. The rest of the selections will be similar to stand-alone File Doctor instructions.
- Open QuickBooks (without opening the damaged company file).
- Open File menu and select Utilities.
- Hit a click on Repair File and then Network Problems to launch QBFD.
- Now Hit a click Browse and find the company file that requires a diagnosis.
- Click Repair and then select Open opt.
- Select the type of fix you want your file to undergo from the Show Advanced Settings drop-down.
- Click on Next option.
- Enter the Admin ID and password for the company file and select Next.
- Allow the diagnosis and repairing process to complete and open the QuickBooks company file.
Actions to perform after QuickBooks File Doctor completes repair and diagnosis:
- Once the tool finishes diagnosis, you need to close File Doctor tool.
- As per the screen instructions, try to open your QuickBooks file again to verify that the issue has been resolved.
Limits of the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- The requirement of QuickBooks Company File size is smaller than 2GB.
- A strong internet connection is necessary to download and upload the file.
- Log-in/Sign-up as an Admin.
- Network Connectivity analysis and restoration options don’t precisely function if you’ve various QuickBooks versions placed on a sole desktop or computer.
See it also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6147, 0?
We hope that you have received a detailed knowledge of QuickBooks File Doctor after reading this article. We have also tried offering you with the point by point recommendation on how to repair QuickBooks company file and other problems using the file doctor tool.
In case you have any more questions about the tool or you face any issues that you are unable to fix on your own, Please feel free to contact our certified QuickBooks desktop support experts.
Other suggested articles: