A Comprehensive Guide to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Internal Error 30102
As a QuickBooks user you may have come across error codes of different forms. QuickBooks Payroll Error 30102 is a new entrant in the error codes which is typically encountered while attempting the direct deposit slip. This issue might also be faced by users when trying to move their payroll data across two computer systems. This payroll error shows up in the form of the following error descriptive notifications:
|Error 30102: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and requirements to shut.
|Payroll server error. Try after some time or the payroll connection error.
This article shall explain the multiple causes triggering this error as well as the viable troubleshooting methods to get this unexpected payroll error 30102 in QuickBooks sorted out permanently.
Potential sources of QuickBooks Payroll Error 30102
This issue in QuickBooks Payroll can be attributed to different sources. Some notable sources of this payroll error are:
- Invalid Security software
- When files transferring switch to the multi-user mode.
- QuickBooks Desktop program unable to get the server because of the PC time-out
- Improper Internet connectivity
- A firewall application blocks the processing when the user tries to move the data from one file to another.
- Incorrect settings of time and date are one of the causes of this error.
- A system time-out keeps QuickBooks Desktop program from getting to the server.
- Internet connectivity issues.
Workable Solutions to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Payroll Error 30102
Here are a few steps you can take to resolve this QuickBooks error message 30102:
Solution 1: Delete Temporary Internet files
Excessive accumulation of the temporary files should be taken care off at regular intervals of time. The steps for the same are:
- At first, you need to open Internet Explorer browser and then move on to the Tools tab.
- After that, the user needs to hit on the Internet options and then go to the General tab.
- Now, scroll down to the Browsing History and then hit on Delete key.
- Make sure to checkmark the box besides Temporary internet files.
- In the next step, hit on the Delete option to get the temporary files deleted.
- Users should also use the Disk Cleanup tool from the Start menu to free up the space in the local disk.
Solution 2: Flush the DNS
Flushing the DNS can effectively fix Payroll error 30102 in QuickBooks. To get this done user needs to make use of some commands in the command prompt. The process is enumerated below:
- Initially, access the Command Prompt from the Start menu.
- Here, type in the command “Ipconfig /flushdns’” and proceed by pressing Enter.
- Now, type another command “ipconfig /registerdns” and hit Enter.
Check Also: How to Resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 61?
Solution 3: Configure TLS Settings in Internet Explorer
Many a times, payroll errors are a result of incorrect TLS and SSL settings in the Internet Explorer. To get this issue sorted out, the user should follow the steps below:
- In the beginning, the user needs to open Internet Explorer and then open the Tools tab.
- Subsequent step is to click on the LAN settings within the Connection tab.
- Herein, click on the option to Automatically Detect Settings and then hit on Ok twice.
- Checkmark SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 and make sure that SSL 1.2 is unmarked.
- Also, enable TLS 1.2 and hit the Enter key.
Solution 4: Update QuickBooks to latest release
Although updating QuickBooks desktop should be a frequent practice by users, many tend to overlook it. This in turn keeps them away from the advanced security features that come along with these updates. These act as a bone guard against different errors with Error 30102 being no exception. If you haven’t updated QuickBooks from a long time, there is no need to fret. Just follow the steps below:
- At the first, run QuickBooks as an administrator and then click on the Help tab.
- Soon after clicking on the Help tab, tap on update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Abide by the onscreen steps and then hit on Get updates tab to start with the update.
- Once done, try the payroll process again.
Solution 5: Rectification of System date and time
In mere instances, incorrect system date and time could trigger QB Payroll Error message 30102. Although, the chances of this are very rare, the user should double-check the system date and time and fix them at the earliest by using the below-discussed steps:
- If the system date and time show some deviation from the actual date and time, the user need to right-click on the Time menu on the Taskbar.
- After that hit a click on Adjust date/time to open the date and time window.
- Now, make the necessary corrections to the date and time.
- Also, choose the correct Time Zone, followed by clicking on Enter key.
- Now, re-open QuickBooks and try sending the payroll to check if QuickBooks Unexpected Internal Error (Error 30102) is sorted out.
Having gone through and performed the multiple solutions to troubleshoot QuickBooks payroll Error 30102, our team hopes that the issue got fixed on your system. If you are still stumbling upon this error repeatedly, just give our QuickBooks desktop error support experts a call at the helpline number i.e., 1-800-615-2347.