QuickBooks POS socket error 10060 is basically a connection timeout error seen while processing payment through a credit or debit card. This error belongs to the QuickBooks point of sale software. In case there is no active connection, then ending up with this error message is possible.
There can be other factors causing QuickBooks error 10060, which we will be discussing later in this article, along with the solutions for the same. Moreover to fix this error, read this article till the end.
What leads to QuickBooks POS socket error 10060?
The QuickBooks error code 10060 can be seen due to the factors listed below:
- The very first reason can be if the internet connectivity is poor.
- Another reason can be if the security software blocks the network connection.
- If there is a socket connection issue.
- You can also face it in case of an EFT server problem.
Solutions to Fix the Socket Error 10060 in QuickBooks Desktop
You can try performing the below-stated steps to fix the QuickBooks error code 10060 successfully.
First Solution: Make a new company file
- Firstly, move to the File menu, and after that tap on the company data.
- Once done with that, choose new.
- Also, type in ‘test’ into the available fields and then assign a unique name to the new data file.
- Next, browse to edit menu.
- After that, hit on the preferences tab.
- You should then, opt for the company option.
- Then, hit on merchant service and also enter the asked details.
- You will then have to tap on the save tab.
- Once done with that, head to the tools menu.
- Now, opt for the user information.
- You can end the process by opening POS and then process the card again.
Second Solution: Security software interrupting should be rectified
- Under this process, you should deactivate all the security software installed on the system including the Windows firewall.
- You should process the transactions one more time.
- The final step is to check if the issue gets resolved or not.
Third Solution: Resolve socket not being linked
- First, check the socket connection in a proper manner.
- After that ensure that the wires are tight.
- The final step is to check if it functions.
Fourth Solution: Check if more than one workstation is used
- Initially, tap on the Edit menu.
- After that, you should hit on preferences.
- Now, choose the Company option.
- Afterward, hit on the Communication setup.
- Once done with that, confirm if the ”Use this computer for all credit card and debit card transactions’‘ option is selected.
- If not, then opt for the same.
- After then you have to tap on Save.
- And then, exit the Window and also reopen QuickBooks POS.
- You should move to Tools and then hit on the User information option.
- You should have a look at the WS-EFT server, if it is present, then you should opt for Process the card.
Read it also: What is QuickBooks Error 6209 and How to Fix it?
Coming to the end of this article, it is expected that the information discussed in above might help in fixing the QuickBooks POS socket error 10060 successfully.
But if in case the error continues for some reason, then contacting our QuickBooks error support team is suggested. You can get in touch with our team using our toll-free helpline i.e., 1-800-615-2347 and let our experts resolve the issue immediately.