QuickBooks POS socket error 10060 is basically a connection timeout error that can be seen when processing a payment using credit or debit card. This error belongs to the QuickBooks point of sale software. In case there is no active connection, then ending up with this error message is possible.
There can be other factors causing QuickBooks error 10060, which we will be discussing later in this article, along with the solutions for the same. Moreover, if you are interested in fixing this error, then make sure to read this article till the end.
What leads to QuickBooks POS socket error 10060?
The QuickBooks error code 10060 can be seen due to the factors listed below:
- The very first reason can be if the internet connectivity is poor.
- Another reason can be if the security software blocks the network connection.
- If there is socket connection issue.
- You can also face it in case of EFT server problem.
Solutions to Fix the socket error 10060 in QuickBooks desktop
You can try performing the below stated steps to fix the QuickBooks error code 10060 successfully.
Solution 1: Make a new company file
- Firstly, move to the file menu and after that click on company data.
- Once done with that, select new.
- Also, enter test into the available fields and then assign a unique name to the new data file.
- Next step is to browse to edit menu.
- After that, select the preferences tab.
- You should then, choose company option.
- Then click on merchant service and also enter the asked details.
- You will then have to click on save tab.
- Once done with that, move to tools menu.
- Now, select user information.
- You can end the process by opening POS and then process the card again.
Solution 2: Security software interrupting should be rectified
- Under this process, you should deactivate all the security software installed on the system including windows firewall.
- You should process the transactions one more time.
- Last step is to check if the issue gets resolved or not.
Solution 3: Resolve socket not being linked
- First check the socket connection in a proper manner.
- After that ensure that the wires are tight.
- The final step is to check if it functions.
Solution 4: In case of more than one workstation being used
- First step is to click on edit menu.
- After that, you should select preferences.
- Now, choose company.
- Next step is to click on communication setup.
- Once done with that, you should confirm if use this computer for all credit card and debit card transactions option is selected.
- If not then opt for the same.
- After then you have to click on save.
- And then, exit window and also reopen QuickBooks POS.
- You should move to tools and then select user information.
- You should have a look at the WS-EFT server, if it is present, then you should click on process the card.
Read it also: What is QuickBooks Error 6209 and How to Fix it?
Coming to the end of this article, it is expected that the information discussed in above might help in fixing the QuickBooks POS socket error 10060 successfully. But if in case the error continues for some reason, then contacting our QuickBooks error support team is suggested. You can get in touch with our team using our toll-free number i.e., 1-800-615-2347, and let our experts resolve the issue immediately.
More important topics: