Different Troubleshooting tactics for fixing the QuickBooks desktop registration error:
New users of the QuickBooks Desktop accounting software are required to register their software after installing the QB program on their computer systems. In this case, several users have been facing technical hindrances in the form of the registration errors. These errors prevents the users from registering the software, which in turn prevents them from getting full advantages of the impeccable features offered by Intuit. There are several reasons due to which the registration problems may manifest itself.
Through this article, today we are going to discuss all the possible causes and effective methods for fixing these QuickBooks registration errors. Thus, keep read on!
What is QuickBooks Registration Error?
This error may occur due to incorrect or invalid registration information or if there is any problems with the Intuit server. Users may get this problem during the QuickBooks desktop registration/activation process. When it comes on the screen, users are unable to register their copy of QuickBooks or activate the product using the provided license key or registration info.
What Factors Lead to the QuickBooks Registration Error?
There are several factors that can embolden the registration error in QuickBooks desktop. These encompass the following:
- QuickBooks processes are blacklisted by Firewall.
- Insufficient Admin rights.
- QuickBooks product and license numbers entered are incorrect.
- QuickBooks program are not updated.
- Internet connectivity might be poor.
- The system date and time are incorrect.
- Poor internet connectivity can potentially cause the registration error.
- Specific issues within the MSXML file can also lead to this error.
Take note of the following pointers before proceeding ahead
Before you start fixing registration error, there are several precautionary measures you should keep in mind:
- Make sure to type in the correct product and license keys.
- While you go through the registration process, make sure that you make an exit from all the other programs running in the background.
- Your Windows must display the correct date and time; if not, you must adjust the date and time settings.
- To activate QuickBooks, you must be logged in with a Windows admin account.
Different Solutions to Rectify the QuickBooks Registration Error
Here, we’ve listed a few efficient troubleshooting techniques that might assist you in removing the QuickBooks Registration Error as soon as possible:
Solution 1: Turning off the Antivirus
The first quick resolve for the Registration Error in QuickBooks is to turn off the Antivirus during the registration process. For this,
- Take the mouse on the Antivirus icon on the Taskbar.
- After that hit a right-click on Antivirus icon, then click on it to Turn off Antivirus program temporarily.
- Now run QuickBooks program, then try registering it again.
- Also, provide the correct license and product keys.
Solution 2: Configure Windows Firewall settings
To make changes to the Windows Firewall settings that are conducive to the registration process, do the following:
- Initially, go to Start tab, then open the Windows Firewall.
- After that head to Advanced Settings tab.
- In the next step hit a click on Inbound Rules, then New Rule
- Now click on Port opt, and then hit a click on Next tab.
- Checkmark TCP option, then hit Allow Connections option, then go for Next tab.
- In this step you need to provide a name to the created rule then hit Finish.
- In last step, try to Register QuickBooks desktop one more time, this should fix the registration error from your QB program.
Solution 3: Change Account Type to allow Administrative Rights
Insufficient Admin Rights may also cause the Registration Error in QuickBooks. To change this, follow the steps below:
- In the very first step Go for the Start menu and then to Control Panel.
- Here after, go for Accounts tab, then tap to Family and Other Users option.
- After that you need to click on User to change the rights, then go to Account Type, and then change Account Type.
- Now choose Administrator option, now opt for Change Account option, then Modify the Account Type.
- Here you need to shift the administrative rights to user, then reboot your computer once.
- in the last step run QuickBooks desktop again, then try the Registration process one more time using correct product and license details.
Solution 4: Try using the QuickBooks File Doctor tool
The QuickBooks File Doctor Tool has proved effective in fixing the Registration error in QuickBooks. The process to use it entails the following steps:
- At first, you need to download QuickBooks Tool Hub program and save it your computer.
- In the next step go for the installation and then run it.
- Once the tools hub open you need to select the Company File Issue tab, and then tap on Run QuickBooks File Doctor option.
- It will download and run the file doctor tool on your screen.
- You need to use this tool to fix Network related issues in QuickBooks.
- When the tool is finished with its job, run QuickBooks, then go for the Registration process again.
Solution 5: Go for Registration of the MSXML Files
The steps to register MSXML are:
- At once, you need to press Window + R keys on your keyboard.
- This will open Run box.
- After this type “cmd“, then press the Enter key to open the Command Prompt.
- In the cmd window, you need to type “cd\ windows\ syswow64”, then hit on Enter key.
- After then type “regsvr32 MSXML4.dll”, and again press Enter key.
- Now type “regsvr32 MSXML6.dll”, then hit on Enter key.
- This process will register MSXML files, and after this you can run QuickBooks and try the Registering the product again.
Solution 6: Run Quick Fix My Program
The Quick Fix My program feature can resolve the registration errors in QuickBooks Desktop software. To use the feature, follow the directions given below:
- In the very start, you need to download the QuickBooks Tool Hub program from the official Intuit website.
- After downloading the tool hub, you need to install the downloaded.exe file by double tapping on it.
- In the next step follow the on-screen instructions to install the software correctly.
- Now launch the Tools Hub and choose the Program Problems tab.
- Herein, you need to tap on Quick Fix my Program tab. This will open the Quick fix my program feature on your desktop screen.
- Let the tool work for you.
- When the process concludes, you need to restart your QuickBooks.
- In last step you need to try the registration process one more time and check if no error shows up this time around.
You might also see: How to upload and manage receipts in QuickBooks Desktop?
Solution 7: Delete Entitlement file in QuickBooks folder
Entitlement file is a repository of all information related to the registration process which also includes the product and license keys.
- You need to go to the following location on your system – “C:/ProgramData/Intuit/EntitlementClient/v8 or C:/ProgramData/Intuit/EntitlementClient/v6″
- Here you need to look for EntitlementDataStore.ECML file and select the file
- In this step press Delete key.
- This file will be automatically created, when you restart your QuickBooks desktop.
Solution 8: Modify the system time and date
The steps to change system date and time are:
- Check for any deviation of the system time and date. If they are incorrect, then right-click the date on the toolbar, then choose Adjust date/time.
- Make choice for the correct Time zone and also change the time and date.
- Having set them correctly, restart QuickBooks and register the product.
Let us conclude!
This piece of writing offered methods for the rectification of QuickBooks registration error. If you have any queries in mind, you can get in contact with our QuickBooks error support experts at +1-800-615-2347. Our 24/7 team is available to assist you in better way.