Operating System, Database Servers, Ram and other QuickBooks Desktop 2022 system requirements
An upgraded version of QuickBooks Desktop – QuickBooks Desktop 2022 has recently been released. You will notice changes in availability, subscriptions, support charges and ProAdvisor pricing. Furthermore, your computer requires certain configurations for the best experience in this updated version of QuickBooks Desktop.
This post consists of all the useful information about the operating system, hardware, software, and other crucial system requirements for QuickBooks Desktop to run smoothly.
You may read also: Fix QuickBooks Error 6000, When Accessing to Company File
What are the system requirements for QuickBooks Desktop 2022?
Find out what your computer needs for the best experience in QuickBooks Desktop 2022.
- All editions of natively installed Windows 10, including 64-bit
- All editions of natively installed Windows 8.1, including 64-bit
- Windows Server 2016 and 2019, Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2, Standard and Essentials
Important: You can only use natively installed Windows as the accounting software may not offer the best experience with operating systems installed through an emulator or virtual environment.
Windows (natively installed)
- Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2, 2016, and 2019, Standard and Essentials
- MS Windows 8.1 and 10
Linux (when using QB Enterprise Solutions Database Server-only installation)
- OpenSuse Leap 15.1 and 15.2
- Fedora 31 and 32
- Red Hat Enterprise 8 (RHEL 8)
Uninterrupted internet access and Internet Explorer 11 (32-bit).
Hardware and Operating System requirements
QuickBooks Desktop 2022 requires Windows operating system, 64-bit. You can follow the given steps to know if you have 64-bit:
QuickBooks Desktop 2022 requires minimum 2.4 GHz for functioning.
The minimum RAM compatibility for QB Desktop 2022 is 8GB minimum for 64-bit; 16GB, however, is recommended.
Server RAM requirements
8 GB for 1-5 Users, 12 GB for 6-10 Users, 16 GB RAM for 11-15 Users, 20+ GB RAM for 16-20 Users.
- At least 2.5 GB of disk space (more space required for data files), 60 MB for Microsoft .NET 4.8 Runtime, provided with the installation files.
- Added requirements for Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks Connected Services offerings:
(i) minimum 4.0GB RAM required.
(ii) 2x size of the largest file set to back up and additional 100 MB or 2x size to restore. The necessity of the space is from the work folder LocalApplicationData+”Intuit\Intuit Data Protect“.
Important: To make the best use of QuickBooks Desktop 2022, keep your QuickBooks data file on a solid-state drive (SSD).
- Windows (US version)
- Ensure that the language selected is English.
- Server computer, when hosting multi-user access, require admin rights.
- Natively installed Windows that shouldn’t be run in a virtual environment or emulation software.
A 4X DVD-ROM drive is required for physical CD installations.
- 1280 x 1024 screen resolution or higher display with up to 2 extended monitors.
- Optimized for Default DPI setting for a given computer.
Other hardware devices
If you have the Warehouse Manager in QuickBooks Desktop mobile, you can use the following supported devices:
- Zebra TC20/TC25/TC51 Mobile Computer (Android 4.4 & above)
- Zebra MC40 Mobile Computer (Android 4.4 & above)
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 22.0 also supports:
- Pocket Barcode Scanner (recommended: Honeywell Voyager 1602g)
- Socket Mobile CHS 7CI
- Symbol CS3070
QuickBooks fuses with many other apps. We have listed some of the most common apps you can use along with QuickBooks. More useful apps can be found at the Intuit App Store.
Important: Additional RAM can increase the use of these features.
- MS Office 2019
- MS Office 2016 with Outlook 2016 (both on 32 and 64-bit).
- Microsoft Office 2013 and 365 with Outlook 2013 (both on 32 and 64-bit). Please note that only locally installed Microsoft 365 is supported. Web version isn’t supported.
- Email estimates, invoices, and other forms with Microsoft Outlook 2016 to 2019, MS Outlook with Microsoft 365, Gmail, Yahoo Mail and Outlook.com, other SMTP-supporting email clients.
- Letter preparations require MS Word 2019, 2016, 2013, or Microsoft 365 (includes 64-bit).
- Exporting data and reports require MS Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, or Microsoft 365 (includes 64-bit).
- Contact Synchronization with MS Outlook requires Outlook 2019 (32-bit), 2016, or 2013.
- QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) V19.0, and V18.0.
- TurboTax 2021 (Personal & Business).
- Lacerte 2021.
- Pro-Series tax year 2021.
- Quicken 2016-2021.
- QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2019-2022.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or later for Business Planner, Payroll, and viewing forms.
- Internet access and uninterrupted connection with at least a 56 Kbps connection speed for Payroll and other online features and services.
- Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Windows Mail, Hotmail and AOL.
- Internet Explorer 11.
Antimalware and antivirus software compatibility
QuickBooks Desktop Pro and Premier 2021, and Enterprise 21.0 have been tested with the following antimalware and antivirus software. Adjusting some program settings may be required to get the best QuickBooks performance.
- Panda Dome
- Trend Micro Security
Important: QuickBooks Desktop works with systems running RAID (Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks) but since RAID slows down its speed, it’s not recommended.
We have tried to include every program and software your system may need to function appropriately with QuickBooks Desktop 2022. In case you are using any other essential tool or software and want to know if the latest QuickBooks Desktop version will work smoothly or not – feel free to call our QuickBooks certified experts.
More helpful topics: