Solution of QuickBooks Error Code 12057
Step 1. Configure your computer’s internet settings.
Shut down or exit QuickBooks Open or launch Internet Explorer
- Access Internet Options under Tools
- Select Advanced Now. Scroll down in the Security group.
- Click the “Check for server certificate revocation” and “Check for publisher’s certificate revocation” buttons to remove the checkmark.
- the QuickBooks Connectivity issue Code Error 12057
- Reopen Internet Explorer after closing it
- Reduce the size of Internet Explorer
- Reopen the QuickBooks program.
- Try updating payroll once more.
After completing the procedures mentioned above, check the internet connection outside of QuickBooks by opening a web browser or visiting a website you don’t frequently visit. If you cannot view a website or web page, your Internet connection is the source of the issue, not QuickBooks.
- If you can see the website, take the following actions:
- First, go to QuickBooks’ “Help” menu and select “Internet Connection Setup.”
- When this application connects to the Internet, select “Use my computer’s Internet connection settings” to create a connection. Choose “Next“
- ‘Advanced Connection Settings‘ should be visited. Select “Advanced.”
- Make sure the Use “SSL 2.0” & Use “SSL 3.0” choices are chosen by going to the “Security group.
- Select “OK.” Choose “Done“
- Check your firewall and internet security settings.
Step 2: Correct your system date and time
- Take QuickBooks desktop away.
- Click “Clock and Region” in the “Control Panel” after opening it.
- Change the time and date by clicking it.
- Screenshot of Windows Data and Time Settings
- Launch QuickBooks, then try Payroll Update once more.
Step 3: Install Microsoft and QuickBooks Updates
- Shut down any QuickBooks-related software.
- Close down QuickBooks
- Update the “Microsoft Windows Operating System“
- If your computer doesn’t restart automatically when the installation is complete, click “Restart” manually.
- Launch QuickBooks, then select “Help.”
- “Update QuickBooks desktop” should be chosen.
- Screenshot 1: Update QuickBooks Desktop
- Check the box next to “Yes, enable QuickBooks Automatic Updates” on the “Options” page.
- Select the “Update Now” tab after clicking “Mark All,” then click “Get Updates.”
- QuickBooks Update via Main Menu – Screencap
- Await the conclusion of updates.
- After the updates are installed, quit QuickBooks.
“ We Hope this Post solves your issues quickly. “