A QuickBooks Desktop is a software that helps business organizations conveniently organize and update several financial documents. It keeps every transaction documented in a safe space that can only be accessed by the organization. It is regarded as the most effective accounting software that helps in the generation of paychecks, access company transactions, and create tax slips. One of the most effective features of QuickBooks is that it provides better security, and restricts multiple uses of the application. However, sometimes a display error occurs which causes the Desktop screen to turn black and white, due to several factors.
QuickBooks Desktop fields display black instead of white error occurs to your QuickBooks Desktop can be easily fixed. In this display error what happens is that the fields of the QuickBooks Desktop start appearing in black which previously used to be white. This error can be due to several issues such as missing icons, the sizing icons disappear, font is increased, a distorted screen occurs, and inadaptability of the transaction form. However, these issues are something that can be easily resolved.
Quick Steps to Fix the QuickBooks Desktop Display Issues
If a user knows how to operate a computer system, and is good at following a set of instructions, they can easily fix the QuickBooks desktop display issues themselves. Hence, if you have a general understanding of computer systems and you can easily follow a set of steps, you can easily resolve these display errors. Therefore, let us understand how you can resolve the fix QuickBooks Desktop Screen Turned Black and White or other QuickBooks Display Issues.
Step 1: Restart the software
Before starting with the first step, make sure that the QuickBooks Desktop process DBW32.exe should be turned off, and it should be running with the background applications. Now, follow the steps given below to fix QuickBooks desktop screen turned black and white display issues.
- Go to Window, and select the start button.
- On the search bar, type taskmgr and press Enter key. The Windows Task Manager window will appear.
- Select the Process tab, it will display all the applications that are currently running. If the tabs are not visible go to More details.
- On the running applications list, find QuickBooks(32 bit) or exe.
- Once you find it, right-click on it, and select End Task.
Step 2: Window DPI
Now you will have to change the settings of the Windows DPI. Follow the steps below to change it:
- Right-click on the QuickBooks icon on the desktop.
- Select Properties, and then go to the Compatibility tab. Then select Display scaling on high DPU settings.’
- Select Apply to reflect changes, and then select OK.
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop application, and now check the windows.
- Now you have to open the company file.
- Go to Edit, and select Desktop View.
- Select My Preferences, and change from ‘multiple windows’ back to ‘one window’.
This will Fix the QuickBooks Desktop Screen Turned Black and White error or other QuickBooks Display Issues.
Step 3: Use Fix my program using QuickBooks tool hub program
Make sure the QuickBooks Desktop is closed.
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub, and run the exe file. Agree to all the terms and conditions and select Finish.
- Open the installed file, to open QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- The the Tool Hub program window will open, select Program Problems.
- Click on Quick Fix for my program.
Step 4: Update the Video Card drivers to the latest release
You will have to check if your video card driver is updated and if any updates are available. Follow the steps to update the video card drivers.
- Press the Windows key and R keys on the keyboard to open the Run command.
- On the Run search box, type dxdiag. And then press Enter key.
- Select Display 1. The manufacturer and the video card model number will be available.
- Look for an update for the video card on the ATI, Nvidia, or Intel. Download if any updates are available.
Step 5: Learn about themes
Sometimes the QuickBooks display errors occurs due to the incompatibility of the themes with the application, and then you would have to bring the theme of the windows back to basic. Follow the steps given below:
- Go to the desktop and right-click. Form the list select Personalize.
- On the personalization window, select one of the basic themes available.
- Restart your computer, and open the QuickBooks Desktop.
Step 6: Change the QBW.Ini File
You may have to makes changes in the QBW.Ini File if the issue is not solved. Follow the steps given below:
- First, close the QuickBooks Desktop, and press the windows button.
- You will have to find the file path according to the version of QuickBooks.
- For Example, QuickBooks desktop 2021 version will have the file path C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 2020\QBW.ini
- The file path will change according to the version.
|QuickBooks 2021||C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 2021\QBW.ini|
|Enterprise Solutions 21.0||C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 21.0\QBW.ini|
|QuickBooks 2020||C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 2020\QBW.ini|
|Enterprise Solutions 20.0||C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 20.0\QBW.ini|
|QuickBooks 2019||C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 2019\QBW.ini|
|Enterprise Solutions 19.0||C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 19.0\QBW.ini|
|QuickBooks 2018||C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 2018\QBW.ini|
|Enterprise Solutions 18.0||C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 18.0\QBW.ini|
|QuickBooks 2017||C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 2017\QBW.ini|
|Enterprise Solutions 17.0||C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 17.0\QBW.ini|
- Now edit the file path, and add [COLORS]Classic=0, after the file path.
- Save the QBW.ini file, and again Open QuickBooks.
If you have followed these steps correctly to fix QuickBooks Desktop Screen Turned Black and White: QuickBooks Display Issues, it will be resolved.
All the steps given above will help you to fix QuickBooks Desktop Screen Turned Black and White or QuickBooks Display Issues. However, if you are still facing issues, and a 24X7 QuickBooks error support team of experts that specialize in the field of QuickBooks will help you immediately.