Want to learn the procedure to open qbw file without using QuickBooks desktop? Here is a complete guide for you. This piece of writing is going to brief you about the complete set of steps that can be performed to successfully open QBW, QBB, and QBX Files without opening QuickBooks desktop. QBW is a file format under which the QuickBooks company file is stored with the .qbw file extension. These files save financial data, templates, letters, logos, and images. It is possible to open the qbw file without even opening QuickBooks.
You are suggested to go through this piece of writing to successfully perform the procedure. Just in case you require any technical support to perform this procedure, then feel free to connect with our tech professionals using our helpline at 1-800-615-2347.
What makes file extensions essential in QuickBooks?
The various pointers below attest to the importance of file extensions in QuickBooks. Besides aiding users in easily recognizing their files, file extensions carry a vast array of additional perks.
- QuickBooks File extensions permit users to quickly look for the nature of the file and its contents.
- Another perk can be that it provides a simple method of storing all the files.
- File extensions also safeguard the file in terms of security purposes.
- Moreover, it becomes easy with extensions to spot all sorts of documents by looking at the filename.
A brief description of the QBW File Extension
QBW (QuickBooks for Windows) is a kind of format under which the QuickBooks Data File is stored with .QBW File extension. These QBW Files usually save financial data, templates, letters, logos, and images. They include QuickBooks Financial statement designer, cash flow projector, business planner, and loan manager. Hence, QBW Files consist of essential and sensitive data therefore, it is crucial to have a reserve.
Index of File Extensions used in QuickBooks Desktop
There are various lists of file extensions which are given as under:
- Accountant files
- QuickBooks working files
- Fixed Assets Manager
- Log and utility files
- Payroll files
You may also see: How to Track your Cash Flow in QuickBooks Desktop?
What are the steps to open qbw file without QuickBooks Desktop?
You can perform the below-stated procedure to successfully open qbw file without using QuickBooks Desktop.
- Initiate the procedure by tapping on the Windows start menu.
- After that, click on the all programs tab.
- When you see a list on the screen, scroll down and choose intuit option.
- Access the folder and head for the QuickBooks option.
- Pick the company file to export from QuickBooks.
- After that, push the open option.
- Type in the password if asked to.
- Agree on customer, vendors, or employees list. These options are at the top of the screen.
- Hit on the customer center.
- You can even import QBW to an excel report.
- Take the excel option at the top.
- Opt for the option to export excel.
- Now, tap on export after saving the file.
- After that, open the imported file.
- This will need excel version 2010 or later.
- Adopt the current version of excel to access the QBW files without using QuickBooks.
- Soon after, hit on the Data tab.
- Then, click on the other resources tab.
- Look for the .qbw file in windows.
- If you are unable to locate the .qbw file, then look for the file separately.
- Finally, hit on the new qbw file that will open up directly.
Steps to convert QBX file to open qbw file without using Quickbooks
You can simply open the .qbw file by converting it.
- In the beginning, open the QuickBooks file.
- Head to the File menu and hit on the send company file.
- Opt for the accountant’s copy.
- Choose the convert accountant’s copy option to company file/qbw.
- Hit on the Ok tab.
- Choose the location where you wish to save the file.
- Thereafter, hit on the save tab.
- Conclude the procedure by tapping on the Ok tab.
Once you perform the above-given steps, the process to open qbw file without using QuickBooks desktop will become relatively easy for you. However, if a scenario occurs wherein you aren’t able to open the file or you find yourself stuck at any point in time, then, in that case, do not hesitate to contact our QuickBooks desktop support team. Our team will solve all your QuickBooks-related issues.