Get apprised of the different ways of fixing the Unable to Login Intuit QuickBooks Payroll error:
QuickBooks has proved to be a complete game changer in the accounting industry through the deliverance of a wide range of features. It has, no doubt, sprawled a boom in the accounting domain. Not only has it aided accountants in easing their financial operations, but it has also ensured strict adherence to efficiency and accuracy, leaving no scope for mistakes. Furthermore, it has successfully dovetailed into eminent small and medium-sized businesses due to its ease of operation. Notwithstanding the innumerable benefits offered by this software rolled out by Intuit, QuickBooks has been suffering from a large number of technical errors. These error codes show up in the form of typical error codes that disrupt your QuickBooks operations, taking you to a standstill. One such error causes hindrance while logging into the QuickBooks software. In this article, we shall be covering all the various measures to fix Unable to login Intuit QuickBooks Payroll error.
What is meant by Unable to login to Intuit QuickBooks Payroll Error?
The “Unable to Login Intuit QuickBooks Payroll Error” refers to a technical problem users encounter when attempting to access their QuickBooks Payroll account. When users encounter this error, it means they are unable to access their QuickBooks Payroll account due to various reasons. This error is typically caused due to entering o incorrect account credentials, excess browser cache, and internet connectivity issues, including the factors listed in the subsequent section.
What causes the Unable to Login Intuit QuickBooks Payroll Error?
Various factors can work in consonance with each other towards instigating this error code in QuickBooks Payroll. Let us briefly stroll past these causes:
- The web browser that you are using for logging into QuickBooks Payroll may be facing specific disruptions or corruption in files.
- If you are already logged into your Intuit account from some other PC, then this error code may show up.
- You may be entering the wrong login credentials. The password is case-sensitive most of the time, and you are supposed to type it correctly.
- Poor internet connectivity can also be a plausible cause of the error.
- Besides the foregoing causes, there may be other contributory factors as well. However, we have earmarked the most conspicuous ones.
You may like also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15223?
Updated Measures to Fix ‘Unable to Login Intuit QuickBooks Payroll’ Problem
This section shall brief you on all the workable measures to get rid of the issues faced while logging into QuickBooks Payroll. So, carefully go through all the steps and subsequently check out if the login error gets sorted out.
Measure 1: Type in the correct login credentials
It is pertinent that in every login attempt, you are required to type in your correct Login credentials carefully. Also, keep a check on the Case sensitivity while typing in your password on the Intuit login page.
Measure 2: Check your Internet connectivity and Clean the DNS
At times, this error while logging in erupt due to poor internet connectivity. Under such circumstances, you are supposed to make sure that you use a seamless internet connection. Having ensured that, follow the steps below to flush the DNS.
- Initially, make an exit from all the open Windows.
- After that, you are supposed to type ‘’Command’’ in the start menu and then hit a right-click on the Command prompt icon. Now, opt for the Run as administrator option.
- When the Command Prompt window shows up, you need to type in ‘’ipconfig/flushdns’’ and then hit on the Enter key.
- Now, again attempt to login into your Intuit account to check if the error got resolved.
Measure 3: Try logging in to your Intuit account from an Incognito browser window
Just in case your web browser is affected by some typical issues, then accessing the Intuit website via an Incognito tab may fix the login issue. Although the steps for accessing the Incognito tab are different for different browsers, let us illustrate the process for Google Chrome.
- To start off, launch the Google Chrome browser.
- Following that, hit the dotted menu on the top right corner of the screen.
- From the drop-down list, you are supposed to tap on New Incognito Window.
- Now, head to the Login page of Intuit and type in the correct credentials to check if you can log in to your Intuit account without encountering any error. If you still receive the error, navigate to the next troubleshooting measure.
Measure 4: Delete Browser cache and temporary files
Clearing the browser cache and temp files can also resolve the error. To clear the cache from in your browser, adhere to the directions given below:
- In your Google Chrome browser, hit on the three dots in the top right corner of the window.
- Then, proceed to More Tools, followed by choosing the Clear browsing data option.
- Herein, it is important to tick mark the Cookies and other site data options and the Cached images and files option.
- Then, hit on Clear data to remove the cache.
- In case you are using Mozilla Firefox, then in that case, you are required to opt for Preferences, followed by picking the Privacy and Security option. Follow it up by navigating to the Cookies section and choosing the Manage data option. Now, type ‘’Intuit’’ and remove all the cookies by opting for the Remove all option.
- Finally, make an exit from your web browser and proceed with the process of removing the temp files.
Steps to remove the temporary files:
To remove temporary files, follow the directions below:
- You are supposed to hit on the Win + R keys to reveal the Run Window.
- After that, type ‘’%temp%’’ within the Run box. Follow it up by hitting the Enter key. This action shall open the folder containing the temporary files. You are now supposed to choose all the files either by using the mouse or simply hitting on the Ctrl + A keys.
- Now, hit on the Delete key. To delete the files permanently, hit on the Ctrl+Shift+Delete keyboard keys.
- Finally, access the login page of QuickBooks Payroll and attempt to log in to your account again.
Measure 5: Include QuickBooks in the list of Trusted Sites
It is advisable that you add QuickBooks as a trusted site in your web browser. Follow the steps below:
- In the beginning, tap on the three dots on the top right corner of the screen to access the Internet Options.
- After that, you are required to hit on Settings.
- Now, head to Privacy and Security after hitting on the three-dotted menu on the top left corner of the screen
- Herein, you need to head to the list of trusted sites and then pick the Sites option.
- Herein, you are supposed to add Intuit to the list.
- Finally, hit on Ok and then make an exit from the window.
- Try logging in again to check if the error got fixed.
Method 6: Temporarily disable the Firewall and Antivirus program
At times, the hindrance caused by the firewall or an antivirus program set up on your system may be a contributor to this login error. To make sure that such a hindrance doesn’t instigate the error, it is advisable that you turn off your firewall and antivirus while logging into Intuit.
What to do if the error still continues to show up?
If the login error still pervades after performing the above-mentioned measures, then it is recommended to go for password recovery. Implement the steps below:
- Head to the Login page of Intuit and attempt to log in after providing your credentials.
- Now, tap on the I Forgot my User ID or password link and type in your username, followed by entering your email address correctly.
- Follow up through the OTP that you shall receive on your registered email. And then enter the new password.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6209?
The measures for troubleshooting the Unable to Login Intuit QuickBooks Payroll error included in this article should be sufficient for getting rid of this annoying login error. However, just in case the error keeps popping up, it is recommended that you get on a call with our 24/7 QuickBooks Error Support team at our helpline i.e., 1-800-761-1787.
Read these articles also: