QuickBooks is a leading software which is made to make accounting and bookkeeping easier. You could possibly stump to “QBDBMGRN not running on this computer error” when using QuickBooks in multi-user mode. In this post, we are going to discuss the causes behind the QBDBMGRN error and how we can resolve this same error.
Below we have given few technical steps to resolve the QBDBMgrN not running on this computer error. However, you can contact to our technical support team to resolve the problem. This can save your valuable time and efforts.
Causes behind the to QBDBMGRN not running on this computer problem
One of the biggest reasons that qbdbmgrn not running on this computer problem is because that your firewall is preventing the connection of QuickBooks desktop to the server of Intuit. We can only suggest that you can update the firewall followed by configuring exceptions and ports to overcome the issue. In QuickBooks, QBdbmgrn.exe is a utility for multi-user access. The program takes the care of networking the data file on the host computer. Some other possible causes are:
- The configuration of firewall is incomplete or incorrect
- Your QuickBooks Database server manager (QBDBSM) is not updated
- There is QuickBooks Network file (.ND files) problems
- There is an Incorrect installation of database server manager
- 3rd party firewall software is blocking your QuickBooks to access
- You internet is creating problems
You may also read: How to Solve QuickBooks Update Error 15223?
Steps to troubleshoot the QBDBMgrN not running on this computer error
The solution can be done in these ways in order to resolve the QBDBMgrN not running on this computer problem:
Method 1 : Reboot your computer system
- Log off from your QuickBooks account.
- Close ‘QuickBooks Desktop‘.
- Shut down your ‘QuickBooks account‘.
- Restart your computer.
- Open QuickBooks and then try to login to your account.
Method 2: Update Windows Firewall
- First of all you need to Press ‘Windows + R keys’, on your keyboard.
- After that ‘Run‘ window and type ‘Control panel‘.
- Next, hit on ‘Enter key‘ and then choose ‘System and Security option‘.
- After that go to the ‘Windows Firewall‘ option that is under the ‘Update your Firewall Settings‘ section.
- Now click there to ‘Check for Updates‘.
- If there is an update available then Click on ‘Update Now‘.
- Finally reboot your computer and open your QuickBooks.
Read Also: Resolve QuickBooks Error 3140 like a Pro
Method 3: Repair QuickBooks Desktop
- Firstly hit ‘Windows + R keys‘ on your keyboard.
- After that click on ‘Run’ window and type ‘control panel‘.
- Now hit on ‘Enter‘ key.
- After that go to the ‘Programs and features‘ section.
- Search the QuickBooks in the installed programs.
- After that hit a click on QuickBooks and select ‘Uninstall/Change‘.
- Now Click on ‘Continue‘ and then ‘Next > Repair > Next‘.
- It will take some time to complete the process.
- Once the process is done, restart your system.
Method 4: Restart QuickBooks Database Server Manager Services
- Press ‘Windows + R‘ keys on your keyboard. This will open the RUN dialog box.
- In the ‘Run‘ command box, type ‘MSC‘ and hit ‘Enter‘ key.
- Scroll down your mouse and search for ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager‘ named as one of these ‘QuickBooksDB28, QuickBooksDB27or QuickBooksDB26‘
- Give a right click to ‘Service‘
- Finally try to open your QuickBooks desktop.
Method 5: Perform a clean installation of your QuickBooks
- Rename the ‘Installation folders‘ manually
- Add “old” or “damaged‘ at the end of a folder name.
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Users(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)
Method 6: Exclude QB database server manager from firewall settings
- Open the run box on the system.
- Type windows firewall and click on ok tab.
- Double tap from the list of programs.
- Look for advanced settings and right click on inbound rules and choose new rule from the drop-down menu.
- Click on next tab under the programs and choose this program path option.
- Exclude the QBDBMgrN.exe file
- Choose the location of the file and click on next.
- Select allow the connection tab and also click on continue tab.
- Name the rules and click on finish tab.
- Restart the system and resume the work with QBW company file.
Method 7: Fix message files in use first
- Choose ignore option in the system reboot tab.
- Click on ok tab.
- In case you didn’t get an ignore option, then click on ok tab.
- End the process by restarting the system.
Method 8: Only QBDBMgrN is installed on the host system
- Click on windows start tab.
- Move to control panel.
- Click on admin tools and double click on services tab.
- Click on the correct database server manager.
- Reboot the system.
See it also: How to Fix QuickBooks Abort Error?
Method 9: QuickBooks is installed on the host system
- Choose open or restore option.
- Select open a company.
- Click on next tab.
- Find out the company file.
- Choose open file in multi-user mode tab.
- Click on open.
- You are logged into the company file and choose the file.
- Shut down the company to close the company file on the server.
Method 10: Manual steps to fix the error
- Download QuickBooks File Doctor tool and then install it on your computer.
- Operate this software and it will diagnose the network which is made to solve the error like QBDBMgrN error. It prints a report plus it automatically repairs the error.
- If in case your hosting mode is turned off then it indicates you to turn on QuickBooks hosting so that company file could open.
- You need to set up access permission in Windows for the user to get permission when the result indicates that the folder has non-writable read only company file.
- You have to grant permissions in Windows and make the folder shareable only if the folder has non-shareable company file.
- Now you need to run ‘ipconfig‘ when there is no network connectivity.
Note: Each computer has it’s own IP address and if various adapters are in use then for only one adapter you have to specify a one IP address.
- Set up exceptions in ‘Windows Firewall‘ for QuickBooks if the firewall is blocking QuickBooks.
- Set up a firewall to open ‘Dynamic DB port‘ for QB File Doctor and other ‘QuickBooks apps‘ and do this on both client and server computer systems, if QBDMGRN is not running. Ensure that the hosting on the server is turned on and that you can ping the server.
We hope that the steps mentioned above to repair QBDBMgrN not running on this computer has helped you a lot to repair this error. And even after implementing the above steps if then error still persist then feel free to seek help which we provide round the clock from 24/7 QuickBooks support. Thanks for giving us your valuable time. We hope that reading this blog post might help you to fix the error without any further problem.