Easy Solutions for QuickBooks Error code 6143?
Fix 1 Move your Company File to your Workstation
The issue may occasionally appear when you attempt to access a file from the server. Still, QuickBooks cannot connect to the server and access the file for whatever reason.
To fix the error,
- You need to copy the necessary file to your PC. To copy the file to your computer, adhere to these steps:
- First, on the server computer, open the QuickBooks Installation folder.
- Then, look up and copy the corporate file from your server computer to any external storage device, like a USB drive.
- Next, choose the necessary file and press the keyboard shortcut CTRL + C to copy.
- Then, access your USB disc and paste it by pressing CTRL + V.
- Next, take the USB drive out of the server and attach the
Fix 2 Run QuickBooks File Doctor
The error could be caused by damage to the firm file. To fix the broken file, use the QuickBooks File Doctor program.
The following are the steps to use QuickBooks File Doctor:
- To use the file doctor tool, install and upgrade QuickBooks Tool Hub to the latest version.
- To launch the program, double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon.
- From the left pane, click the Company File Issues tab.
- To run QuickBooks File Doctor, click the button.
- Select the necessary company file using the drop-down menu.
- To locate the file in the QuickBooks folder, click Browse and search if it isn’t listed in the drop-down menu.
- Then choose to Check your file from the menu.
- Click the Continue button after that.
- If prompted, enter your corporate file admin password.
Fix 3: Terminate all QuickBooks processes.
- You must first log in as the administrator.
- Press the Ctrl, Shift, and Esc keys to bring up the task manager after that.
- Select the Show processes for all users option under the user tab.
- All tasks related to QuickBooks can be completed by selecting the End task option.
“We hope this blog provides easy solutions to solve your concern. “