Checkout these methods to Fix Error “Cannot open check registers in QuickBooks Pro 2020”
The field of accountancy has witnessed an evolving and escalating change in the recent past due to the integration of the QuickBooks accounting software rolled out by Intuit. This software provides accountants with many benefits that help them streamline their accounting operations. However, owing to the technical complexities involved in this software, it is prone to a wide range of errors. One such error witnessed recently is the QuickBooks Check Register Will Not open error. This annoying aberration prohibits users from opening the check register program.
Through this segment, all doubts related to fixing QuickBooks check registry error will be resolved , and the various avenues listed herein should fix the issue without any difficulty.
Instances When QuickBooks Check Register Will Not Open Gets Displayed
This troublesome error may show up under the following circumstances:
- When the user employs the direct deposit method for submitting payrolls, this error may show up.
- While opening a company file, several users have come across this error.
- The error may also show up while running the Verify and Rebuild data utility.
- At times, the error is also evident when the user attempts to back up his/her QuickBooks files.
Causes of QuickBooks Check register will Not open error
This error is mostly caused due to the following factors:
- Use of outdated version of QuickBooks.
- The folder containing the company file may be inaccessible or damaged.
- Some Reports or Transactions processed through the check register are erroneous.
- Files associated with QuickBooks are stored In the Hard disc.
You may also see: Steps to Fix QuickBooks Cannot Communicate with the Company File Issue
Different Approaches to Resolve QuickBooks Check Register Will Not Open Error
Although the Check register Error in QuickBooks desktop is not common in the QuickBooks community, resolving it is easy if you follow the steps mentioned in this section.
Solution 1: Repairing QuickBooks
The first workable solution to fix this error involves repairing QB Desktop. The steps are:
- At first, you need to press the Start button, then head for Control Panel.
- After that, reach out to Programs and Features.
- There, choose QuickBooks, hit a right-click , then choose Repair option.
- This may take some time.
- When done, prefer to restart the computer.
- Run QuickBooks, then try using the check register service again.
Solution 2: Use Rebuild data Tool to fix data integrity issue in company file
Verify and Rebuild tool is an in build tool in QuickBooks and it can also be resorted to fix the company file issues, which could be leading to Check Register error in QuickBooks. The procedure is:
- This method requires users to launch QuickBooks Desktop initially and hit on the File menu.
- Within the File menu, choose Utilities.
- After then choose Rebuild data, then proceed with the backup creation.
- Then, start Rebuilding the file.
- To verify no issue remains, use the Verify tool in Utilities in File menu.
- No Data integrity issues should show up this time around.
Solution 3: Restore the company file backup
Company file may be facing errors which are preventing the Check Register to access the Reports, or transactions. The best way out from this problem is to restore the company file. The steps are:
- The first step is to launch QuickBooks desktop and proceed to the File menu.
- Subsequently, choose the Open or Restore Company Backup option.
- Now, the user is required to pick the Local backup option, followed by hitting on the Next tab.
- When the backup is restored, check the extension of the company file and make sure it is .QBW.
- Now, again run QuickBooks, and this time around check register wont open error shouldn’t show up.
Solution 4: Perform a Clean Install of QuickBooks
In most cases, the troubleshooting walkways discussed till now should fix QuickBooks check register wont open error. But if the error still remains, go for a Clean Install procedure involving an uninstallation of QuickBooks, and a reinstallation of the same. The process is:
The manual procedure of clean installing QuickBooks is as under. [Note: Before proceeding ahead, open QuickBooks and tap on F2 key to reveal the Product Information Window. From this window, the user should take note of the license and product keys.
- Initially, Go for the Control Panel, there head for Programs and Features.
- After that hit a click on QuickBooks, then Uninstall/Change, then Uninstall the program.
- When done with the process, go to QuickBooks folder, then rename it.
- Now, reinstall QuickBooks and enter the License and Product keys correctly when activating and registering the program.
- Now, try again to open the QuickBooks check Register.
- The error should be fixed by now.
Feel free to reach out to our team for assistance!
This article contained all the information to readers that should need to follow for fixing QuickBooks Check register Not Open or QuickBooks register not working error. In most cases the error should be fixed by now, but if it remains, then you can call our QuickBooks error support experts directly via the helpline, i.e., +1-800-615-2347, or you can also reach out via the Live Chat option.