Talking about QuickBooks error code 14106, it can be seen when the user tries to use an older company file with a newer version of QuickBooks. As a result of this the file and program aren’t in sync and they tend to end up in an error. This error appears on the screen with an error message that states:
|“QuickBooks error -14106, 0: Company file not updated successfully”.|
There can be a couple of factors causing this type of issue which we will be discussing later in this article. However, if for some reason you need any assistance related to these problems, then contacting our technical support team would work for you.
What leads to QuickBooks error code 14106?
When the upgrades from an older version of QuickBooks to a newer version, the company file also upgrades. In case users tries to open the company file that has been created using old version, then this error can be seen.
Methods to fix the QuickBooks error code 14106
You can perform the below methods to fix the QuickBooks error code 14106:
Method 1: Converting QuickBooks to two medieval versions
Step 1: Upgrading to QuickBooks 2013
- You should ensure that no one is operating QuickBooks currently.
- The next step is to access the updated version of QuickBooks 2013.
- After that, you should tap on the file tab.
- Once done with that, choose the open or restore company.
- And then, click on open a company file.
- After then choose the current company file stored on your device.
- Next step is to press the open tab.
- Also, use the admin login details to access the company file.
- Now, click on the update now tab.
- Once the process ends, the user should click on done tab.
Step 2: Switch to QuickBooks desktop 2022
Step 3: Perform a QuickBooks data conversion
In certain cases, you will have to switch to a different version of QuickBooks and this can happen when you upgrade or downgrade to a different version of QuickBooks. Then in that case you might need to perform a data conversion.
Method 2: Update QuickBooks desktop
In order to troubleshoot this issue update your QuickBooks desktop to latest release version.
- At first, close all company files and QuickBooks desktop.
- After that Press Start button on your Windows.
- Look for QuickBooks Desktop. Right-click on the icon to select Run administrator.
- While you are on the No Company Open screen, go to the Help menu, and choose Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Navigate to the Options tab and choose Mark all.
- Now press Save opt.
- Next, hit a click on the Update Now tab, and then select the Reset Update check-box.
- Once you are ready, click on Get Latest Updates.
- Also you need to close QuickBooks Desktop after the update finish.
- Select Yes to install the updates.
- After the installation is complete, restart your computer.
You may read: Fixing QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS077
After performing the steps mentioned in above, it might become easy for the users to fix the QuickBooks error code 14106. But if in case they aren’t able to fix the issue, then contacting our Axpert Advisors team is suggested. We are a team of professionals who work round the clock to provide best possible support services.