All that you need to know about the QuickBooks Payroll wont update error:
QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software available in the market. With the coming of this application there has been a major shift in the way accounting is done. Businesses have been largely benefitted through this software as it has made some of major tasks like accounting, payroll, bookkeeping or filing for taxes a lot simpler than before saving time and effort.
However, even though this is a revolutionary application in the business world, users do often face errors while using it. One of the most common issues faced is of QuickBooks Payroll update not working or Won’t open. This generally happens when there is no active subscription to the payroll. In order to resolve this error, it is very important to understand the causes behind it so that you can easily find its solution.
Causes of QuickBooks Payroll Wont update
- The service key that is being used may be incorrect service
- QuickBooks desktop might be showing the Invalid Number status
- The file of the QuickBooks payroll is not Update
- When the Direct Deposit agreement is inactive, and it has more than 1 active payroll
- The EIN (Employer Identification Number) is no longer valid
- QuickBooks desktop has compatibility issues with your system’s Windows version
- You may be using outdated version of the QuickBooks software
- Invalid PSID company file
- Data of QuickBooks is possibly corrupted
- The subscription of the Payroll is no longer active.
You may also see: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code C=51?
How to resolve QuickBooks Payroll Updates not working issue?
Learn how to troubleshoot QuickBooks payroll update errors and other related problems:
Method 1: Download Payroll Updates in Safe Mode
- The first thing to do is shut down your computer.
- Then you have to open it in Safe mode.
- Again, download the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll updates.
- When it is done successfully you will have to restart your computer in Normal mode.
- Once done, again download the QuickBooks Payroll Updates.
Method 2: Reset the Internet Explorer Browser Settings
- Firstly, open the browser Internet Explorer.
- Now you have go to the Tools menu that is 3 dots on the right side of the window.
- Now choose the Internet Options.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Then you have to select the Restore Defaults or Reset option.
- Once done, click on Apply button to apply all changes.
- Then click the OK button to close the window.
Method 3: Repair QuickBooks Desktop Software
- Firstly, open the Control Panel.
- Now click on the Programs or Programs and Features option.
- You will get a list of programs.
- Now you will have to choose the QuickBooks.
- Right-click on it then select Uninstall/Change option.
- In the open up window, select the Repair option.
- Process the steps accordingly as it is shown.
- This will help you in repairing the software.
- Once it is done, open the QuickBooks software and check the payroll process.
Solution 4: Manually resolve the error
- The first thing you need to do is update the payroll Tax table.
- For this, you will have to click on the employee’s menu.
- Then choose the get payroll update option.
- After this, click on the link which prompts you to download the entire payroll update.
- Once done click on the Update tab.
- When the download is successful; a message will appear on the screen that you have to read “a new tax table or updates to your payroll tax is installed on your system. Select the OK tab to read all the changes”.
- Now click on the OK button to read it.
- If you the issue is still persisting then in that case you need to rename the folder by adding the old at the end of the name as CPS to CP SOLD
- After these changes, you have to update the payroll again.
- If it is not working then do turn off the User Account Control (UAC)
- After the UAC is off, try to download it now.
QuickBooks payroll update wont update error is not that complicated. You can easily fix the issue by following the above-mentioned methods. But if you face any kind of problem while fixing the error you can always reach out to the error support service providers who are available 24/7 to assist you with all your queries.