All that you need to know about the QuickBooks error 6000 82:
QuickBooks is an avant-garde software that changed the way accounting is done. This application is now used by not only big companies but also medium and small businesses. Even though QuickBooks has brought positive changes in the operation of different companies, at times, it runs down to issues as after all it is a software. Often users face various errors many of which can be easily fixed while for few others expert’s help is required.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 6000, 82?
The QuickBooks Error 6000 82 is a very common issue faced by the users. Generally this error happens when the users try to open the company file or when the QuickBooks individuals make an attempt to access the company file data stats that the application cannot reach as they are located in additional computer. It mostly happens when there are multiple clients. You may see the following error message on your desktop screen:
In this blog post, we are going to discuss about QuickBooks Error code 6000, 82 and why this error occurs. You can fix this error with the help of our enterprise support experts or go through below given manual solution methods.
Signs and symptoms for QuickBooks error code 6000 82
You can simply identify the QuickBooks error code 6000 82 using the below signs and symptoms:
- One of the basic signs can be if the system or the software freezes repeatedly
- If the windows are running slowly.
- Another common sign can be if the system crashes again and again with the same error message.
- If the error code itself appears on the screen.
Triggers to QuickBooks Error code 6000 82
Below are the reasons why this Error 6000 82 occurs in QuickBooks desktop.
- Damage in the data source name
- Damage in QuickBooks Transaction Log file
- The Network Descriptor file is damaged
- Issue in Data Source Name
You may also like: How to disable Merchant Services in QuickBooks MAC?
Methods to Troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error Code 6000 82
The users should ensure that QuickBooks is updated to the latest release prior to troubleshooting.
Method 1: Remove the spaces before the company file extension as well as after the company name
- First thing to do is get logged out from the QuickBooks Desktop on all the computers.
- After this the folder where the company file is stored needs to be opened.
- Now right click on the company file and select ‘Rename‘ tab.
- You have to Click on the name of the file, and find and remove if there are any spaces between the file extension and the company name.
- Attempt to open or ‘Create a company file’.
If you still face the issue then try the method 2.
Method 2: Turn off hosting with each computer where QuickBooks is installed
Step 1: Access by Single-User
- Turning off Hosting mode disables multi-user access.
- First you have to Go to ‘File‘, then ‘Utilities‘, then ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access‘.
- After you get the message, ‘Stop hosting multi-user access’, click on the ‘Yes‘ tab.
- Click on Yes after you get the message ‘Company file must be closed’.
Step 2: Access by Multi-User
This error majorly happens more than one client computer are set-up incorrectly to host the multi-user access.
- On every client computer the error is displayed:
- Select file then Choose ‘Utilities‘ in the ‘No Company Open‘ window,
- After this you have to confirm that in the menu option ‘Host Multi-user Access‘ is show. In multiple client computers might display ‘Stop Hosting Multi-user Access’ which indicates that they are already hosting the multi-user access.
- On any client computer which is show ‘Stop Hosting Multi-user Access‘ select it and then follow the steps it prompts till you turning off the hosting.
- After this open the problem file again and now log-in window will be displayed.
And if the problem persists try out the next method.
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error code 1321?
Method 3: For Multi-user Access switch to Hosting Local and Remote files mode
Follow the below mentioned process if the previous steps don’t support to resolve the error.
- When QuickBooks is opened click on ‘F2 key‘ in order to open the Product Information page.
- At the bottom of the window verify the ‘Local Server Information‘ if Hosting is set to local files only.
- Now you have to Select the ‘File Menu‘ and then select the ‘Switch to Multi-user Mode‘.
- After this you have to open the company file on the network computer. If you require more help then check out the QuickBooks in-product or set up multi-user or network for QuickBooks Desktop resource page.
- After the company file is open click on the ‘F2 key‘ so as to open the ‘Product Information‘ window.
- Now you have to verify the ‘Local Server Information‘ which is at the bottom of the window, Hosting is set to local files only.
Method 4: Restart the client computer
Restarting the system is one of solving the problem however it will bring the device right from the scratch and will delete the current state of the software. If this doesn’t work then try out the next step.
Method 5: Accompany standard data troubleshooting
There can be a possibility that the company file has data damage. To resolve that, check the Resolve data damage issue that is, basic troubleshooting.
- You need to first click on utilities tab from the file menu and click on verify data.
- Furthermore, when the error message appears stating QuickBooks detected no problem with the data, then click on ok tab.
- Continue using the company file.
- Just in case the verify finds an issue with the data, you will be prompted to rebuild now.
- Click on close. Or perform the following steps:
- Look for the QBWin.log or QuickBooks.log files.
- From the tech help window, if you are working with a support agent, then click on the send log files to Intuit support.
- This will send the file to the repository that will enable the support agent to view the log files.
- Just in case you are working with a support agent, then locate the most recent file for being verify.
- In case you are Mac user, then scroll all the way to the bottom for the most recent verify information.
- Look for the line that has LVL_ERROR
- You might see the data damage top LVL errors library.
Method 6: Running quick fix program on client system
- You need to first download and install the QuickBooks tool hub on the client system.
- Furthermore, choose the program problems.
- Moreover, choose quick fix my program tab from the list.
- End the process by starting QuickBooks desktop and then open the data file.
Still need help?
By following the above mentioned steps you can fix QuickBooks error 6000 82. However, for further help you can connect with our QuickBooks enterprise support available 24/7. You can get quick solution to all issues provided by well-trained experts. You can just connect with our 24/7 QuickBooks enterprise error support team of experts will be there to assist you in a single call.