Here’s how you can fix the QuickBooks error 15263:
One of the most popular accounting and bookkeeping software, QuickBooks has highly benefitted small and medium sized business. This application has robust features which streamlines business operations thereby saving a lot of time, money, and effort. The best part is the makers of QuickBooks, Intuit every year launches new updates to make the tasks a lot easier. Though this software has many perks, the users often face many errors which can affect the day-to-day operations.
One such issue is the QuickBooks error code 15263. This error generally occurs when you try to download the new available updates for QuickBooks Payroll. It is majorly caused due to the incorrect configuration in Internet Explorer.
What are the causes of QuickBooks error 15263?
- In case the drivers installed on the device are damaged or corrupted.
- The Windows operating system or QuickBooks is not updated to the latest one.
- In case you have Downloaded the latest updates from a suspicious web link.
- An inappropriately configured web browser, especially Internet Explorer.
- Misalignment of the settings of third-party anti-virus programs or the firewall.
You might also see: How to Fix Corrupt or Damaged QuickBooks Database Error?
Solutions to QuickBooks payroll update error 15263
Checkout the following methods in order to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error message 15263:
Method 1: Reinstate the Advanced Settings in the Internet Explorer
- Firstly, you have to close the file and QuickBooks Desktop screen.
- Now open the Internet Explorer, then on Tool, and then choose Internet Options from the menu.
- After click on Programs and choose “Make Default,” and hit the OK button.
- Once done click on the Advanced button and choose the “Restore Advanced Settings” option.
- Now click on OK and then on Done.
- After that you need to click on the settings and then go to the Security field.
- Uncheck the “Do not save encrypted pages to disk” option and check the “Use TLS 1.2” option.
- You now have to click on OK and then on the Done tab.
- Once you are done go to the General section, click on the Delete button and then “Temporary Internet data files.” Again, click on the Delete tab.
- In the final Connections field, select the LAN Settings, and select the LAN setup option.
- Now mark “Automatically Detect Settings” and unmark “Proxy servers.” Tap on OK.
- After that you also have to tick the SSL 2.0 and the SSL 3.0 option.
- De-select “Check for publisher’s certification,” click Apply, and hit OK.
- Now close the window and download the QB updates.
Method 2: Enlist QuickBooks in the exception list for Firewall
- The first thing to do is open the Windows Start menu and then type Windows Firewall in the search panel.
- To move to a new window, click on the Windows Firewall option
- Now choose Advanced Settings and then Inbound Rules.
- After that right-click on it and tap on New Rule. You will have to repeat these steps to create Outbound Rules also.
- Once done click on the Program option and then on Browse. Click on This Program Path and hit Next.
- You will now be able to see a list of the executable files for QB. Simply select any of them, later create similar rules for all the remaining files.
- Now click on the “Allow the Connection,” and then press Next, and review all the profiles. They should be pre-selected.
- Once done click on Next, and then name the rule as something like “QBFirewallException(name.exe)
Method 3: Ensure the correct Date and Timing on your system
- The very first thing to do is close the QuickBooks Desktop window and then go to your home screen.
- Now go to the Date and Time section located at the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Now verify if it shows you the correct Date and Time because if they are incorrectly set then it can affect the functioning of programs like QuickBooks.
- After that right-click on the section and then choose Adjust date/ time.
- Now set the accurate settings according to the time-zone you are currently working in.
- Once done, now you have to save the changes and re-access QuickBooks Desktop.
Method 4: Update Windows and QuickBooks to the Newest Version
- Firstly, open the Windows menu and then in the search bar type QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now you have to right-click on it and tap on Run as Administrator.
- Once done, you will be directed to the No Company Open window. Click on the Help tab and then choose the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Now go to the Options section and click on the Mark All tab.
- Click on Save and then on Update Now. Look for the Reset Update box and mark it.
- Finally, click on the Get Updates button and install the available updates.
- After that you will have to update Windows by clicking on the Windows icon and then choosing the Security option.
- In the following window, click on Update & Security option and then choose the Windows Update.
- Choose the Check for Updates option and wait until the program finds the latest available update.
- Finally click on the Update Now button and reboot your device once the updates are installed.
Resolving QuickBooks error code 15263 is not that much of a hassle. But there are times when you can get stuck. In such situations it is suggested that you take help from the QuickBooks error support service providers who are basically experienced and well-trained experts who will guide you with all your queries.