Here’s how you can fix the QuickBooks error 15263:
One of the most popular accounting and bookkeeping software, QuickBooks has unfathomably benefitted small and medium sized business. This application has robust features which streamlines business operations thereby saving a lot of time, money, and effort. The best part is the makers of QuickBooks, Intuit every year launches new updates to make the tasks a lot easier. Though this software has many perks, the users often face many errors which can affect the day-to-day operations.
One such issue is the QuickBooks error code 15263. This error generally occurs when you try to download the new available updates for QuickBooks Payroll. It is majorly caused due to the incorrect configuration in Internet Explorer.
What are the causes of QuickBooks error 15263?
Let us first go through the various causes that lead to this error. Although the causes instigating the error may be diverse and several, but below , we have earmarked the most primary ones. These include:
- The drivers installed on the device are damaged or corrupted.
- The Windows operating system or QuickBooks is not updated to the latest one.
- In case you have Downloaded the latest updates from a suspicious web link.
- An inappropriately configured web browser, especially Internet Explorer.
- Misalignment of the settings of third-party anti-virus programs or the firewall.
You might also see: How to Fix Corrupt or Damaged QuickBooks Database Error?
Reliable Methods to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15263
Having sailed across the various causes inciting the error code, we have now arrived at the most viable and effective solutions for wiping out the issue from your system. Checkout the following methods enumerated below in order to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error message 15263:
1st Method: Reinstate the Advanced Settings in the Internet Explorer
- Begin the process by running the Internet Explorer from the Start menu. Follow it by heading to Tools.
- Choose Internet Options from the gear icon menu.
- After that, hit a click on on Programs and choose “Make Default,” and hit the OK button.
- Once done, hit on the Advanced button and choose the “Restore Advanced Settings” option.
- Now, hit a click on OK and then tap on Done.
- After that, pick the settings and then head to the Security field.
- Uncheck the “Do not save encrypted pages to disk” option and check the “Use TLS 1.2” option.
- You now have to hit on OK and then on the Done tab.
- Once you are done, head to the General section hit on the Delete button, and then “Temporary Internet data files.” Again, hit on the Delete tab.
- In the final Connections field, hit on the LAN Settings, and then pick the LAN setup option.
- Now, mark “Automatically Detect Settings” and unmark “Proxy servers.” Tap on OK.
- After that, make sure to tick the SSL 2.0 and the SSL 3.0 options.
- De-select “Check for publisher’s certification,” hit on Apply, and tap on OK.
- Now, close the window and download the QB updates.
2nd Method: Enlist QuickBooks in the exception list of the Firewall
- The first thing to do is open the Windows Start menu and then type Windows Firewall in the search panel.
- To move to a new window, hit on the Windows Firewall option
- Now, choose Advanced Settings and then Inbound Rules.
- After that, right-click on it and tap on New Rule. You will have to repeat these steps to create Outbound Rules also.
- Once done, hit on the Program option and then on Browse. Opt for This Program Path and hit Next.
- You will now be able to see a list of the executable files for QB. Simply choose any of them, and later create similar rules for all the remaining files.
- Now, hit a click on the “Allow the Connection,” and then choose Next, and review all the profiles. They should be pre-selected.
- Once done, hit on Next, and then name the rule as something like “QBFirewallException(name.exe)
3rd Method: Ensure the correct Date and Timing on the PC; if wrong, rectify them
- The very first thing to do is make an exit out of the QuickBooks Desktop window and then head to the home screen.
- Now, proceed to the Date and Time section located at the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Verify if it shows you the correct Date and Time because if they are incorrectly set then it can affect the functioning of programs like QuickBooks.
- After that, right-click on the section and then choose the Adjust date/ time option.
- Now, set the accurate settings according to the time-zone you are currently working in.
- Once done, save the changes and re-access QuickBooks Desktop to see if the issue got sorted.
4th Method: Update Windows and QuickBooks to the Newest Version
- Firstly, open the Windows menu, and then in the search bar type QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, right-click on it and tap on Run as Administrator.
- Once done, you will be directed to the No Company Open window. Tap on the Help tab and then pick the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Now, head for the Options section and choose the Mark All tab.
- Hit on Save and then on Update Now. Look for the Reset Update box and mark it.
- Finally, opt for the Get Updates button and install the available updates.
- After that, update Windows by hitting on the Windows icon and then choosing the Security option.
- In the following window, hit on the Update & Security option and then opt for the Windows Update.
- Hit on the Check for Updates option and wait until the program finds the latest available update.
- Finally, hit click on the Update Now button and reboot your device once the updates are installed.
5th Method: Review the Cipher length
- At the start, launch Internet Explorer.
- Now, head for the search box, and type in ‘https://www.intuit.com.’
- Hit on the Alt key, followed by heading to Properties.
- Move to the Connection tab and look for Bit encryption.
- You are required to note the number beside it.
- In case the number is below 128 bits, I.E is not running in 18-bit encryption.
Resolving QuickBooks error code 15263 is not that much of a hassle. But there are instances when you may get stuck. In such situations it is suggested that you take help from the QuickBooks error support service providers who are experienced, well-trained and certified experts who will guide you with all your queries.