Learn how to fix Error 12159 when downloading payroll or QuickBooks updates:
Users notice the payroll error code 15212 while trying to update their payroll software or their QuickBooks desktop. Typically, this particular issue comes up when the update installation does not complete properly or there is a wrong installation. Later, this can result in more issues in the operations of your QB software. To note, Intuit is very particular about releasing the latest updated versions of their QuickBooks software and the Payroll software. This is valuable to the users in getting the right error resolutions on time while operating the software for their company operations/transactions.
In some of these updates, Intuit offers additional applications and features. When they integrate with the QuickBooks software, users experience a more responsive and optimized performance. So, users need to learn to resolve QuickBooks error code 15212 perfectly. Thus, you must have an active payroll subscription for your QuickBooks account first.
Possible Causes behind to QuickBooks payroll error code 15212
The following are the main reasons for the appearance of the QuickBooks error code 15212.
- The subscription to the QuickBooks and (or) Payroll software is inactive.
- There are restrictive settings available in the personal firewall and other Antivirus software installed on your PC. This stops the new updates from downloading or automatically installing.
- Some users install more than one QuickBooks software like QuickBooks premier edition and enterprise edition. Both working simultaneously hinders the proper installation of updates.
The main reason behind the appearance of the payroll error code 15212 on QuickBooks software is if the update does not load as intended. So, find the main reason for the issue you are facing first. Follow the below-given methods mentioned carefully and then download the update.
How the QuickBooks Error Code 15212 shows up on the screen?
You need to resolve this error if you notice one of the following messages on screen. These are signs for Error Codes 15212 or 12159 in the software; take appropriate action quickly afterward.
|Error 15212||The payroll update did not complete successfully. Please try again. You must successfully download the update by the deadline displayed in the Get Updates window.|
With this, users get the prompt to download their pending updates directly from the Get Updates option on the screen. One must complete it within the set time limit.
|Error 15212||The QuickBooks update did not complete successfully.|
|Error 15212||The payroll update did not complete successfully. The location for the shared download is not accessible.|
This prompt comes up if the proper ‘Shared download‘ location you mention cannot be reached. Incorrect mapping or restrictive entry to the drive causes this.
Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 15212
The followings are the different methods in order to resolve the QuickBooks payroll error 15212:
Method No. 1: Manually download the recent QuickBooks update
Before beginning this process, make sure that the recent QuickBooks desktop update is in place on your system. If not, refresh the finance programming module of QuickBooks efficiently.
- Update your QuickBooks software version. Check if your updated version of QuickBooks is the latest one.
- If not, do not manually through the “Help” section.
- Pick the “Update QuickBooks” option and access the “Options“.
- In the case of Shared Download, select “No“, then “Save“. Shut it down through the “Close” prompt.
- Download the QuickBooks update.
- Now access the “Options” tab.
- The prompt for “Manual Download” would appear. Choose “No” at this point and go to “Next“.
- After this, save your settings and click on the “Close” button.
- Download the update of the recent software version again.
Method No. 2: Map the Network Drive
You can restart your system again or remap to the drives of your system via the information records.
- Restart the framework you are utilizing.
- Then, you have to begin mapping all of the data files for drive arrangement.
- Go to the “File” guide and select “Start“. Then, press on “PC” and click on “Computer“. Thereafter, choose the “Map Network Drive” option.
- The “Data Record” would appear which you must select. Do so when the prompt for choosing a file appears while refreshing your Payroll software.
- After this remapping process completes, restart your framework one more time. Review to see if you fixed the errors.
Method No. 3: Proceed with the uninstallation and re-installation of QuickBooks
- Begin the process by heading to the Control Panel. It can be accessed from the Start menu.
- Subsequently, move to the Program and features tab.
- From the list of programs, find and choose the QuickBooks version currently running on your computer.
- Opt for the QB version and then hit on Uninstall.
- Follow up by hitting on Remove.
- Restart your PC after the uninstall procedure is finished.
- Download a brand-new version of QB Desktop.
- Follow all on-screen instructions in their entirety before hitting on Next tab.
- Provide the necessary product and license number.
- Now, open QB Desktop once the installation is complete. Verify that the error has been resolved satisfactorily.
Method No. 4: Download the Update in Safe Mode
- Press on Windows Button.
- Press the Shift key, press on the Power icon, choose restart and click it.
- A blue window will show.
- Select Troubleshoot. Now click on the Advanced options.
- After selecting Startup settings, start again. The system will turn off and turn on again.
- Now select the option Enable Safe Mode with networking.
- Press on the power icon that is present on the sign-in page.
- Now click on a particular QuickBooks icon and choose to Run as Administrator.
- Update QuickBooks desktop to latest and then restart system.
Check Also: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 6154?
Method No. 5: Starting the system in Selective startup mode
Starting your system in Selective startup mode can help you identify and resolve issues that are preventing QuickBooks from installing or running correctly. Here are the steps to start your system in Selective startup mode:
- Close all programs and applications on your computer.
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “msconfig” in the Run dialog box, and then press Enter.
- In the System Configuration window, select the Selective startup option.
- Uncheck the Load startup items option.
- Check the Load system services and Use original boot configuration options.
- Now hit a click the Services tab, and then check the Hide all Microsoft services option.
- Also, hit a click on Disable all button.
- Click the Apply button, and then click OK.
- Lastly, start your computer system.
Try to install or run QuickBooks to see if the issues have been resolved. If QuickBooks installs and runs correctly, you can gradually re-enable the startup items and services until you find the one that is causing the issue.
Note: Before making any changes to your system configuration, make sure to backup your important files and data to avoid any potential data loss.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6155?
What to do if the error still keeps bothering you?
If you are still facing issues while trying to resolve QuickBooks error code 15212, access the 24×7 QuickBooks error support helpdesk. The experts available would assist in identifying the main error cause and rectifying it.