QuickBooks Desktop provides many updates from time to time to enhance the user’s experience of the software. Since, QuickBooks is an accounting software it has to update itself from time to time, to embed the new features and changes of the organization. However, any software that needs to maintain its reputation and credibility in the market has to have updates that enhance previous features. The QuickBooks software also gets updates, which is very easy to be updated.
However, sometimes when a user who is not very familiar with the computer operation can get stuck while trying to update the QuickBooks Desktop application. A random error is experienced by such users which occurs when they are trying to update the software. This is an update-oriented error that is known as QuickBooks Payroll Error 15215, which generally occurs when the user is updating the paychecks or releasing of maintenance report.
Due to the error, the windows stop responding to the server and the access is limited. Therefore, in such cases, you might have to take the help of a professional, and a team will get in touch with you and will help you in every way possible.
Related Article: How to Fix QuickBooks error code 15241?
What is QuickBooks Error Code 15215?
QuickBooks Error 15215 is a common update error which occurs when there is any payroll update going on. Also this error occurs during the maintenance release. Due to this error the QuickBooks database server might not respond properly and can cause limitation of access in the system. In this post, we are going to let you know about the manual process to resolve the QuickBooks Error code 15215. This error code means that the server isn’t responding. It implies that the user is not able to verify the digital signature. Due to this error code, the further download or update of payroll would be restricted. If you want to troubleshoot this error, you need to proceed with the normal workflow. You may see the following error message on your computer screen when this error encounters:
Error 15215: Unable to verify digital signature.
What are the different causes of QuickBooks Error 15215?
The QuickBooks Desktop software must be compatible with the system, but sometimes compatibility is not the only issue with it. Therefore, let us understand all the different problems due to which this error could occur.
- Windows has recently updated its explorer from Microsoft IE to Microsoft Edge, therefore, when Microsoft Edge is not configured properly to work with QuickBooks Desktop software, it can cause the QuickBooks Error code 15215.
- The QuickBooks Error 15215 can also occur when the QuickBooks software is trying to verify the signature of the file, and its syntax is returned empty. Therefore, the software then goes on to verify every signature associated with the file that is being downloaded during updating to the latest version.
- If there is any problem with the applications that are running in the system background.
- The error also occurs due to a corrupt version of the software or improper installation of the QuickBooks software.
- While downloading the software, when the system is not protected by anti-virus, certain viruses and malware can copy themselves onto the downloaded file which can affect the operating system. Also, since the software must have a safe and secure environment, it sends an error message when installed on a system that has malware and viruses.
How does a system misbehave in case of QuickBooks Error 15215?
When a QuickBooks update error 15215 occurs, the application window appears on the screen, and then the window crashes within seconds. A pop-up window appears from time-to-time which states that Update Error 15215 has occurred while the windows were trying to update the QuickBooks application. The windows start to hang and freeze all other applications that are currently running on the system. The sensitivity of the mouse cursor and keyboard also decreases and the response time increases.
Methods to Troubleshoot the QuickBooks Update Error 15215
There are several nuances due to which the error can occur, and affect the working of the QuickBooks software. However, there are also several ways to check the cause of the error and fix them. Therefore, let us look at all the different ways in which the error can be fixed.
Solution 1. Running the application as Administrator
- Ensure that before you run the software as an administrator, there is no QuickBooks window currently open.
- Go to the desktop icon of QuickBooks Software, and right-click on it.
- A list appears, select “Run as administrator”.
- A pop-up window will appear that will request your permission so that the application can make changes in your computer, Click Yes option.
Solution 2: Fix desktop application conflicts
- Close the QuickBooks program.
- Perform right-click on the QuickBooks Startup icon. Later, choose the Run as Administrator icon.
- In the confirmation pop-up, it onto the Yes icon.
- Ensure that the problem resolved.
Solution 3: Resolve the Anti-spyware Blocks Running Application
- Change or alter the anti-virus program settings to exempt exe files & qbupdate.exe & domains: QuickBooks.com, Intuit.com, and Payroll.com.
- After the exemption, the anti-malware program will not restrict the QB updates or payroll downloads.
You may also read: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1601, 1603 and 1642?
Solution 4. Check the TLS Settings
- Close any existing QuickBooks windows and open Microsoft Edge.
- Click on Tools, and select Internet Option, and go to the Advanced Tab.
- Go to the Advanced Settings option and scroll down to different TLS options. Click on reset.
- Ensure that Use TLS 1.0 check box is selected.
- Remove the selection from Use TLS 1.2 and Use TLS 1.1.
- Select OK, and close the Microsoft Edge window.
- After you have rebooted your system, restart the QuickBooks Desktop software.
Solution 5. Restart Windows in Selective Start-up
- Close any existing QuickBooks windows
- Go to the start menu, and type Run or use the shortcut key Windows + R keys.
- The Run window will appear. In the Type here box, type MSConfig, and select OK.
- A Configuration window appears. Select Selective Startup, and unselect Load Startup.
- Select Save, and click OK tab.
- Restart your computer and open the QuickBooks software.
- Download the new tax table, and again open the System Configuration Window.
- Select Normal Startup, and then click OK button.
- Restart the computer again.
Solution 6: Solve Digital Signature Verification Issues
- Shut-down & restart the QuickBooks.
- In the Windows Search option, locate the QBW32.exe file.
- Perform right-click on the file and “Properties” tab.
- Go to the Digital Signature tab, choose the Intuit Inc.
- Hit the Details icon & then, tap on the View Certificate in the Digital Signature screen.
- Hit onto the Install in the Certificate screen.
- Click on the Next icon then, Finish tab.
- Restart the computer and then, open the QuickBooks program again.
Also see: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 12002?
Get instant help from experts
The QuickBooks update error 15215 can occur anytime, however, when you follow the steps explained above you can easily resolve the error yourself. However, if you are unable to do it yourself, dial the toll-free i.e., 1-800-615-2347, and a 24/7 QuickBooks error support team will get in touch with you and will help you to resolve the problem.
Other helpful articles: