Get the best methods to resolve the QuickBooks error code 1402 when installing
If you look around for the best place to keep your accounts secure, then the QuickBooks desktop is the perfect solution for you. It is one of the most persuasive accounting software affirmed by all kinds of business enterprises all over the world. QuickBooks is embedded with various new and update features. It is an excellent software for growing your business. But being another software, it may also encounter some technical issues or errors- just like the Error code 1402.
In this article, we will discuss the QuickBooks Install Error 1402. This error occurs due to some corruption in the operating system. We will also learn the various causes behind this issue and also read out the solutions to resolve it. However, you can contact our 24/7 installation support team to save your time and efforts in resolving the ongoing error.
What is QuickBooks Desktop Error 1402? A brief overview
This error is one of the common errors that frequently surfaces when you are working on the QuickBooks desktop. It is often confronted when you operate Payroll accounting software in Windows or Apple Mac OS X operating system. This error can also be seen when there is some corruption in the software. But, it can easily be solved by following some simple steps. mentioned in the later sections of this article.
You may see the following error message on your desktop screen:
|Error Description:||Error 1402: ‘Couldn’t Open Key.’|
What are the primary causes behind the QuickBooks error code 1402?
There are several reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks error code 1402. Read the causes enlisted below:
- When there is a corrupted QuickBooks Installation file.
- When the installation is done from a damaged CD.
- While there is an Inappropriate or incomplete Installation of the program.
- This error occurs when Windows are not updated to the latest version.
- Some Corruption is found in the software.
- When you go for excessive startup entries of programs and applications.
- Some failures persist in the hardware.
- This type of error can also be seen, when windows segments like .Net Framework and MSXML need a particular purpose to install and run third-party applications on Windows.
How to Prevent Install Error Code 1402 in QuickBooks?
Read the following points that will help you to prevent your software from Error 1402:
- You should backup your data frequently.
- Avoid interruption in software installation even if it is taking a longer time.
- Make sure that you delete all junk files and have a clean reinstallation of QuickBooks again.
- Remember to regularly update your QB accounting software.
You may like also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error PS032?
Solutions to Fix Error 1402 When Installing QuickBooks Desktop
There are many solutions available to fix this QuickBooks error code 1402 in the software. These include:
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool using tool hub program
This tool can be operated via the Tool Hub. Use the following steps to download this tool.
- From the Intuit website, first download QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Now, install the tool and run it.
- In the Tool Hub program, choose the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool from Installation Issues tab.
- Start the scan process by a mere click on the Run Scan option.
- Now, try to update again. This should fix QuickBooks update error 1402.
Solution 2: Updating QuickBooks in the Selective mode
To switch to the Selective startup mode for trying the update QuickBooks desktop in this mode, the user should implement the following steps:
- Initiate by hitting on the Start menu and then type “Msconfig”, and then press the Enter key.
- Herein, opt for Selective startup checkbox and also the Load Services checkbox, and then tap on the Apply tab.
- Afterwards, restart the computer and following that, choose Safe mode with Networking.
- When the system restarts, all you need to do is try the update process again from the Help tab.
Check Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 41?
Solution 3: Repair QuickBooks desktop
- To begin, select the Windows Start button, and then open the Control Panel.
- After that, go to the tag titled “Programs and Features”.
- Here, choose QuickBooks and proceed to Uninstall/Change tab.
- Then, hit on the Repair button and proceed as per the instructions on the screen to repair the accounting program.
- When the repair process is a success, the user should restart the computer, run QuickBooks, and then make a move to the Help tab again to Update QuickBooks Desktop from the tab. This should get the QB Error code 1402 ousted from your system.
Solution 4: Making changes to the Registry Settings
- On the keyboard, simultaneously press the Windows + R keys.
- Now, type “Regedit” and press the Enter key.
- Before making any changes, create a backup of the registry.
- Select Export under File tab. Now, name the backup file and save it to your desktop.
- The next step is to locate the keys “HKEY LOCAL MACHINESOFTWAREClasses”, and “CLASSES HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE = “Classes“”.
- Now, opt for Permissions from the Edit menu.
- Then, opt for “Advanced“, and following that, click on “Add.”
- Hit on Everyone for each object name, and then hit on the Enter key.
- Also, search for the key related to Error 1402 in the Registry Editor and save the same on the system.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15271?
Solution 5: Uninstall and Reinstall Adobe Flash Player
- You need to download the install diagnostic tool and run it.
- Furthermore, hit on the Start menu and then type in ‘Control panel.’
- Next, double-tap on the Control panel to open it.
- Head to the Uninstall a program option.
- Search for the Adobe flash player ActiveX in the list of programs.
- Opt for the Uninstall tab.
- Perform the on-screen prompts and let the Uninstall process conclude.
- Download the adobe flash player and reinstall it.
Solution 6: Make use of selective startup mode
Step 1: You need to first prepare the data
- Create a backup of the company file.
- Keep a copy of QuickBooks desktop product and license information.
Step 2: Start the system in selective mode
- Tap the Win+ R keys to open the Run command.
- Type in ‘msconfig’ and tap on the OK tab.
- Now, go for Selective Startup in the General tab.
- Head for Load system services and then go to the Services tab and choose to Hide all Microsoft services.
- Lastly, hit a click on Disable all tab.
Step 3: Uncheck the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox
- You need to ascertain that the Windows installer checkbox has opted from the list of services. Select the checkbox, if not.
- Heading forward, you need to choose the OK tab.
- Moreover, reboot the system configuration window.
Step 4: Uninstalling or installing QuickBooks desktop
Step 5: Switching back to Normal startup mode
- Hit on the Win + R keys for accessing the Run command.
- Now, type in ‘MSConfig’ and also tap on the OK tab.
- Go to the general tab, and also go for Normal startup.
- Now hit on the OK tab.
- Conclude the process by hitting on Reboot on the system configuration window.
See it Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error OL-334?
Solution 7: Repair Windows components
- For MSXML, simply access the Run window, and then type “appwiz.cpl”.
- Then, press Enter key.
- Now, opt for MSXML and then choose the option to Repair it.
- Follow the same set of steps for .NET Framework.
- If repairing doesn’t help, simply uninstall these components and then get their compatible versions downloaded from the official website of Microsoft.
Following the steps given above will surely help you to resolve the error code 1402 in the QuickBooks. You can try the solutions one by one and if the error is not fixed by following the one. If you face any query then, you can talk to our professionals for solving your doubts. Contact us anytime on our QuickBooks support number i.e., 1-800-615-2347 and leverage the profound knowledge of our experts. We are always there for your help.