Get the best methods to resolve the QuickBooks error code 1402 when installing
If you look for the best place to keep your accounts secure then, QuickBooks desktop is the perfect solution for you. It is one of the most persuasive accounting software affirmed by all kinds of business enterprises all over the world. QuickBooks is embedded with various new and update features. It is an excellent tool to be used to grow up your business. But being software, it may also encounter some technical issues or errors in it.
In this article, we will discuss one of the most common error – QuickBooks Error code 1402. This error occurs when there is corruption found in the operating system. We will also learn the various causes behind this issue and also read out the solutions to resolve it. However, you can contact our 24/7 QuickBooks enterprise support team to save your time and efforts to resolving the on-going error.
You will also read: How to fix QuickBooks error code 30159?
What is QuickBooks Error code 1402?
The QuickBooks error code 1402 is one of the common errors that frequently occur when you are working on QuickBooks desktop. It is often faced when you operate QuickBooks Payroll accounting software in Windows or Apple Mac OS X operating system. This error can also be seen when there is some corruption in the software. But, it can easily be solved by following some simple steps later given in this article. You may see the following error message on your desktop screen:
Error 1402: ‘Couldn’t Open Key.’
What are the causes for QuickBooks error code 1402?
There are several reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks error code 1402. Read the causes given below:
- When there is a corrupted QuickBooks Installation file.
- When the installation is done from a damaged CD.
- While there is an Inappropriate or incomplete Installation of the program.
- This error occurs when windows are not updated to the latest version.
- Some Corruption found in the software.
- When you go for excessive startup entries of programs and applications.
- Some failure in the hardware.
- This type of error can also be seen, when windows segments like .Net Framework and MSXML need a particular purpose to install and run third party applications on Windows.
How to Prevent QuickBooks error code 1402?
Read the following points that will help you to prevent your software from the Error 1402:
- You should backup your data frequently.
- Avoid interruption in software installation even if it is taking longer time.
- Make sure that you delete all junk files and have a clean reinstallation of QuickBooks again.
- Remember to regularly update your QuickBooks software.
Solution to Fix Error 1402 when installing QuickBooks Desktop
There are many solutions available to fix this QuickBooks error code 1402 in the software. Most of them are listed below:
Solution 1: Install and use QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
You can install this tool from Intuit site as it fixes all the errors related to installation:
- First, Download the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool from the intuit website.
- Close all the programs running behind the window.
- Now, run the QBInstall diagnostic tool. It may take around 15 to 20 minutes according to the network speed.
- Then, restart the software after the process is complete.
You can also download the QBinstall tool from QuickBooks tool hub program.
Solution 2: Update the Windows and Install the missing updates
- Press the ‘Windows‘ icon from the bottom of the desktop.
- Update the Windows and select ‘Check for updates’.
- Install the pending updates.
- Restart the computer after all the updates.
Solution 3: Re-Install QuickBooks software
This method can help in improving the working of the software.
- Go to the ‘Start‘ menu and open the ‘control panel‘.
- Then, Search for ‘Add or remove programs’.
- Find out QuickBooks and install it.
- Restart your computer and re-install QuickBooks again.
Solution 4: Download and Run QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic tool
- First, Download and install the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool in your system.
- Run the tool in your software.
- The Diagnostic tool will scan and starts troubleshoot to fix the error.
- Then restart the computer.
Solution 5: Uninstall and re-install Adobe Flash player
- You need to download the install diagnostic tool and run it.
- Furthermore click on the start menu.
- Type in control panel.
- Click and open the control panel.
- Head to the uninstall a program option.
- Search for the adobe flash player ActiveX in the list of programs.
- Go for uninstall tab.
- Perform the on-screen prompts and let the uninstall process complete.
- Download the adobe flash player and reinstall it.
Solution 6: Adding QuickBooks to Bitdefender
- This particular method isn’t mandatory, but can be implemented by the ones using Bitdefender.
- Put the C:\Program files\common files in the exclusion list for 32-bit windows OS
- For 64-bit windows OS, you need to put C:\Program Files\ Intuit (C:\Program Files (x86) in the exclusion list)
Solution 7: Make use of selective startup mode
- You need to first prepare the data.
- Create a backup of the company file.
- Keep a copy of QuickBooks desktop product and license information.
- Start the system in selective mode
- Press Windows + R keys to open the run command.
- Type in msconfig and select OK tab.
- Go for selective startup in the general tab.
- Go for load system services.
- Head to the services tab and select hide all Microsoft services.
- Go for disable all tab.
- Uncheck the hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- You need to ascertain that the windows installer checkbox is opted from the list of services. Select the checkbox, if not.
- Heading forward, you need to choose ok tab.
- Moreover, reboot the system configuration window.
- Uninstalling or installing QuickBooks desktop.
- Switching back to normal startup mode.
- Press Windows + R keys for opening the run command.
- Now, type in msconfig and also head to OK tab.
- Go to the general tab, and also go for normal startup.
- Hit OK tab.
- Conclude the process you need to reboot on the system configuration window.
Also see: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code C=51?
By following the steps given above will surely help you to resolve the error code 1402 in the QuickBooks software. You can try the solutions one by one and if the error is not fixed by following the one. You can also prevent your software by going through the points given in the article. If you face any query then, you can talk to our professionals for solving your doubts. You can anytime contact us on our QuickBooks support number and make the use of our expert’s knowledge. We are always there for your help.